DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Surgery | Division of Urology
Position #00785308– Requisition 21786
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America’s most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Nature of Work:
The Deparment of Urology, Division of Urology
is hiring for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Postdoctoral Research Associate. This position will be part of the research team studying the roles of the peripheral glia in bladder physiology and diseases. Research in the lab utilizes transgenic/knockout mouse models for urinary dysfunction and chronic pelvic pain, behavioral, physiological, and electrophysiological recordings for bladder functions in vivo, in vitro contractility studies, standard techniques studying neuron-glia interaction in situ including confocal microscopy and patch-clamp recordings in cultured peripheral ganglia, as well as pharmacogenetic control of neuronal/glial activation via targeted injection sites of adeno-associated viral vectors (AAVs).Specifical Position Duties:
Salary and Benefits:
- Investigating the neuromodulatory roles of satellite glial cells in the dorsal root ganglia recieving bladder sensory signals following their GPCR activation using cultured sensory ganglia.Evaluating the functional relevance of sensory satellite glia in the pathogenesis and therpeautics for bladder hypersensitivity and chronic pelvic pain.Characterizing the changes in peripheral sensory neuron and satelitte glia signaling in mouse models of chronic pelvic pain and bladder overactivity using translatome profiliing.Utilizing pharmacogenetic approach (DREADDs) to control the excitability/activity of bladder nociceptive neurons and nearby glial cells in vivo.Design cell-specific AAVs and optimize the protocol for tissue-specific transduction using AAVs in selected cell type in the peripheral nervous system.Based on the research question, experimental methods might include nucleic acid and protein isolation, PT-PCR and qPCR, Western blotting, AAV injections, tissue dissection/culture, perfusion and immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy, electrophysiology, in vivo behavior and physiological recordings, mouse breeding and colony management.Activiely participate in weekly lab meetings, and weekly progress meetings with the PI. Prepare data for internal and external presenetations as well as publications.
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at $53,760-$65,292.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- PhD in relevant background such as neuroscience, biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, or a closely related field with at least 4 years of laboratory research experience.
- First author publication(s) in peer-reviewed biomedical journals
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Research experience in GFAP+ glia or neuron-glia interactions
- Experience in electrophysiology and/or confocal/2P microscopy
- Experience in mutagensis, AAVs, qRT-PCR, Western Blot; cell or tissue culture, generation or maintaince of transgenic/KO colonies.
- Experience in vivo physiological recordings of organ functions
- Experience in translatome profiling or other bioinformatic studies
- Experience with optogenetic approaches and/or in vivo electrophysiology
Jun 18, 2021Unposting Date: