DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Family Medicine
Clinical Affairs Program Manager/Business Services Program Manager
Position #785124 – Requisition 21780
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The Department of Family has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Affairs Program Manager position.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. CU Anschutz
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.Position Emphasis
The Clinical Affairs Program Manager oversees primary care-based clinical programs and other assigned clinics in daily operations, marketing, financial forecasting, strategic planning, revenue cycle, key initiatives, contracting, faculty support services and resource allocation for the Department of Family Medicine. Working under the direction and guidance of the Associate Director, Clinical Administration, this position has authority over clinical business affairs, funds, and resources of the various specialty programs in partnership with the respective faculty program director(s) including department operations and administrative functions. The Clinical Program Manager represents the Department of Family Medicine, the School of Medicine, the Anschutz Medical Campus, and the University of Colorado, providing essential communication and networking for the effective functioning of these entities. Specific duties and responsibilities of the Clinical Affairs Program Manager – Primary Care, which includes the following programs:
- Family Medicine/Primary Care HOPD Clinics
- CU Family Medicine Community Practices
- Family Medicine Service (inpatient/hospitalist)
- Other new freestanding primary care clinics
- Other Programs as assigned
- Clinic Operations
- Partner with the Faculty Program Directors and Hospital/CU Medicine Directors to oversee the clinical programs and their related operations within the Department of Family Medicine.
- Manage one-time projects within the Department of Family Medicine as assigned by the Associate Director of Clinical Administration.
- Work closely with UCHealth and CU Medicine Clinic leadership at each location to assist in supporting clinical operations with each team
Revenue Cycle/Clinical Financials
- Assist with ensuring CU Doctors profiles are updated and interfacing with CU Medicine
- Monitor and coordinate to correct UCHealth Website landing pages in conjunction with CU Medicine and UCHealth clinics
- Support CU Medicine websites for community-based model practices
- Provide content updates/interface with DFM web master
- Work with Clinical Affairs Coordinator who is responsible for maintaining and updating Health Plan Rosters (verifying Salesforce and Monthly roster spreadsheets with CU Medicine)
- Reviews monthly/quarterly program financial reports, assists with developing individual and Primary Care program profit and loss analysis in coordination with DFM and CU Medicine finance; supports and helps aggregate annual program budgets along with program directors, Clinical Affairs and DFM financial team
- Oversees financial reconciliations including faculty and staff allocations for payer and other external value-based agreements
- Responsible for organization, communication, and reporting on key clinical program outcomes for assigned programs/initiatives to leadership
- Provide data and financial analysis needed for operations, management, and strategic decisions
- In conjunction with CU Medicine Revenue Cycle Liaisons, oversee billing, CPT and coding updates, training and working with data analytics/liaison to run reports, perform audits with CU Medicine’s support and report information to clinics and programs
- Provide recommendations along with CU Medicine on billing/coding optimization (copays, registration, payer coverage, and new experimental services)
- Handle patient billing complaints with CU Medicine and UCHealth
- Participate in CU Medicine Revenue Cycle meetings
Human Resource Management
- Oversee physician support services for assigned programs to enable effective support to faculty members within their clinical and administrative activities
- Attend clinical leadership meetings for the programs/clinics
- Lead or participate in other ad hoc meetings as assigned
- Participates in Clinical Affairs Team Meetings (weekly)
Contract Negotiation and Management
- Assist in the recruitment and retention process for faculty
- Work with other internal and/or external constituents relevant to keeping track of clinical FTE changes and communication therein; maintain and distribute clinic capacity spreadsheet
- Medicaid/Medicare #’s tracking and communication with clinics
- Fields all Tax ID, NPI and provider # requests from clinics and providers
- Imminent Suspension monitoring, correspondence distribution, notification, and resolution
Salary and Benefits:
- Responsible for contract management to include negotiating new and renewing contracts with CU Medicine, external agreements, internal MOUs with other SOM departments and divisions
- Work closely with both the Grants/Contracts and Finance teams within DFM to ensure payment processing for per diems, shift payments, stipends and other payment mechanisms.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $57,764 - $80,870The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensationThe University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
: A bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, public administration, healthcare administration, education, social sciences, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for ambulatory physician practice management/operations, financial management, payer contracts, billing and information systems, business development and practice transformation. Preferred Qualifications.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field
- Experience working in an academic health system.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Job Category:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information .
- Ability to work independently, to multitask, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity yet work effectively to fulfill the mission, goals, and objectives of the Department
- Ability to plan and organize, implement, and coordinate financial and administrative activities as they apply to the complex workings of the Department
- Proven ability of developing collaborative partnerships with physicians/APPs, inter and intra-campus partners, governmental agencies, and payers to enhance market growth and financial viability
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 18, 2021Unposting Date: