Position Information: Description
This position is located at the EERC, an international leader in energy and environmental research, conducting projects for clients throughout the United States and the world. The EERC offers opportunities to people with an exceptional work attitude, dedication to high professional standards, and commitment to personal development. We are looking for confident, scientifically trained, and market-oriented individuals to contribute to the success of the organization. The successful candidate would support contracting and IP efforts by performing the following essential functions:
- Prepare, review, negotiate, and administer contracts, subcontracts, confidentiality and other agreements.
- Research and understand complex regulations and clearly and concisely interpret them.
- Assure compliance with government regulations and University of North Dakota policies.
- Determine the allowability of cost to be charged to contracts.
- Advise staff of the administration requirements of contracts.
- Provide the mechanism to meet the needs of the managers’ as well as the sponsors’ requirements.
- Maintain effective working relationships with coworkers to ensure timely communications of changes in policies, procedures, etc., that may impact their work.
At the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), we know our people are our greatest asset. Our team of over 200 is sought after worldwide to solve energy and environmental challenges in innovative ways. Since 1951, we’ve worked with over 1,300 clients in 53 countries. We recognize that quality, market-driven science and engineering technologies come from engaged, motivated employees. We encourage lifelong learning through our Employee Development Program and offer many opportunities for both professional and personal growth. In addition to competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package, the EERC provides opportunities for inventors of commercialized technologies to share in the profits. As part of the University of North Dakota, employees are eligible for tuition waivers and reduced tuition for family members. Apply with us for a position that can turn into a lifelong passion and a work environment that’s more like a family.
This position may be eligible for remote work.
For more information regarding the EERC, visit www.undeerc.org.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and contractual agreements.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with researchers, inventors, patent counsel, external partners, and leadership.
- Organizational/prioritization ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Three years’ experience with contract preparation and administration.
- Experience reading and understanding complex regulations.
- Cover letter and resume.
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
- Experience with protection and administration of IP or classes in IP or law degree.
- Experience with current computer technology using Microsoft (MS), Access, and MS Word preferred.
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$55,000 Annual/Full-Time, Benefited, Exempt
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to accommodate work activities/work life balance. Travel may be required.
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
This position is open until filled with initial review of candidates on July 5, 2021.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.