DescriptionABOUT MGH INSTITUTE:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach. POSITION SUMMARY:
Assists the Program Chair, Program Manager, and Faculty with the program’s daily operations and annual projects, including assistance with data management, admissions and recruitment processes, accreditation, committee functions, laboratory management, class scheduling and student or faculty events. Assists with communication with students, applicants, professional and external agencies, adjunct faculty, and Institute administration in support of department functions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Management (40%)
- Specialized recordkeeping and database management.
- Perform data entry and generate reports, as requested from information in databases.
- Specified information-gathering projects and tasks.
- Organize information into spreadsheet format from data collection. Generate reports in preparation for analysis and graphical display.
- Responsible for departmental scheduling that includes: working with Chair on semester scheduling; changes to semester courses; ADA accommodation room scheduling; out of office calendar; proctor scheduling; standardized patient tracking, scheduling and payment; and general meeting scheduling.
- Maintain filing systems, including confidential files and inventory reports.
- Order and maintain accurate inventory of office materials and supplies.
General Management (40%)
- Coordinate and perform complex and varied administrative tasks requiring independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures.
- Assist in planning and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate.
- Assist in general operations, planning and implementation of program logistics and other duties assigned.
- Request support from IT and facilities as necessary and coordinate follow-up.
- Coordinate mailings, including preparation of materials, and pick-up and distribute mail.
- Prepare general documents and templates using: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain and develop accreditation documents.
- Assist Faculty: collecting information, including syllabi, work plans, and research materials - acting as main contact for office facilities issues. Coordinate textbook orders.
- Assist faculty with office space, computer equipment, mailboxes, textbook orders and classroom changes.
- Assist Event Planning: schedule/manage room reservations and catering for special events.
- Assist faculty committees: schedule meetings, prepare materials and take minutes.
- Equipment, inventory, and facilities management including equipment and supplies for clinical laboratory classes.
- Assist in recruitment and supervision of graduate assistants.
- Staff for PT Club – help with financial management and advertising for yearly fundraisers/events.
- Handle inquiries from applicants, students, alumni, as well as requests from organizations.
- Prepare correspondence memoranda or reports; type grants and correspondence for various faculty; pull together and format reports as requested.
- Prepare, record, and distribute agendas and minutes for meetings, and communicate, follow up and take responsibility for implementation of action items.
- Answer phones and screen calls. Provide information and respond to questions.
- Act as office liaison handling correspondence and phone calls from faculty, students, and administrators.
- Greet visitors; ascertain their needs and provide information as required (give campus tours when scheduled).
- Answer routine correspondence.
- Coordinate interoffice and interdepartmental communication. Act as initial contact for applicants, students, staff, faculty, and community partners.
- Coordinate communication and/or projects with other departments as needed.
- Establish and maintain databases for reports in both electronic and hard copy.
- Serve as faculty support for communication with IRB, including submissions and updating appropriate forms.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 years of business/office training or related comparable work experience.
- Strong technical writing skills; proficient in business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Successfully multi-task, work well under pressure, manage time, and set priorities.
- Experience with internet-based communication and web-based software.
- Must be extremely resourceful and able to work independently, with limited supervision, in managing the diverse need of Institute faculty, students, applicants, inquiries, etc.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material and provide a highly professional, courteous and efficient point of contact for persons communicating with the office.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to learn new computer applications.
- Assists in the supervision and training of part-time graduate assistants for the Department of Physical Therapy. Assigning work as required doing copying, filing and special projects.
- Responsible for supply ordering, Lab and Program Equipment for Department of Physical Therapy.
MA-Charlestown-MGH IHPWork Locations:
MGH IHP (MGHCharlestownIHP)
36 First Avenue
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Schedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Jun 17, 2021