Student Manager - Dragon DialerDepartment:
The Cortland FundJob Description/Duties:
The following are standard responsibilities, and may be modified during the Fall 2021 semester and the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic to protect students:Days/Hours Needed:
• On a nightly basis, prepare the call center for calling, update callers on any changes, oversee calling, resolve any technical issues, process credit card transactions, organize gift forms, update Cortland College Foundation staff at the end of the shift, and clean up and lock the call center before leaving.
• Assist with recruiting, identifying and hiring student callers who are paid to update information and solicit alumni, parents and friends through the annual Dragon Dialers Phonathon.
• Train and manage student workers; supervise phoning sessions to ensure equipment integrity, proper training and successful fundraising throughout the Dragon Dialers Program calling period.
• Assist staff with necessary preparation of the phonathon program (overseeing caller contests, gathering necessary materials for callers, maintain knowledge of campus and Cortland Fund activities, etc.).
• Spend one shift per week calling to stay current with the calling pools and calling techniques.
• Maintain close contact with student callers and The Cortland Fund Staff.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein as assigned by the Associate Director.
Managing shifts are held from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday when classes are in session, to oversee student calling from 5:45-8:45. Managers are expected to be available a minimum of two evenings per week to manage and one evening from 5:45-8:45 to call.Campus Location/Bldg.:
Brockway HallRequired Qualifications:
• Enrolled at SUNY Cortland for at least one semester, with at least two semesters remaining.Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills (those with experience telemarketing or similar fundraising, marketing, or sales experience are highly encouraged to apply).
• Proficiency in basic computer applications; ability to accurately enter data and navigate complex computer database systems.
• Ability to remain enthusiastic and energetic.
• Ability to work well with others and react quickly in a fast paced environment.
• Responsible, dependable, mature, outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic individuals who remain positive and will not take rejection from their work personally.
• An understanding of and appreciation for SUNY Cortland and its history.
• Ideal candidates are confident, persistent, willing and able to learn, and have good attention to detail.
• Ability to speak English clearly.
Previous Dragon Dialer calling, telemarketing or management experience is preferred but not required. Bilingual, a plus.Contact Name(s) & Email(s):
Please contact Natasha McFadden by phone at 607-753-4910 or e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions.Salary Grade:
SA20088Review Start Date:
09/24/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit an online application for this position. If you have any questions, please contact Natasha McFadden at [email protected]