Full time Faculty, Physician AssistantSouth University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of AmericaReq #1000 Monday, July 26, 2021 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu
today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become
, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
POSITION SUMMARY: The Principal Faculty member as a Full-time Faculty Instructor in the Physician Assistant Program is primarily responsible for course instruction and/or course coordination in the didactic and/or clinical phase of the program. It is expected that a Principal Faculty/Faculty Instructor will be effective in the areas of course design, course delivery, and evaluation. The Principal Faculty/Faculty Instructor is instrumental in assisting the program to ensure that students consistently meet the program’s Student Learning Outcomes to achieve competencies required for PA practice. The Principal Faculty/Faculty Instructor is guided by the Directors of Didactic/Clinical Education and the Program Director in assisting the program with curriculum assessment and meeting the ARC-PA accreditation standards. The Principal Faculty/Faculty Instructor (Full-time) is a member of the faculty (rank commensurate with experience) with the Physician Assistant Program. The incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position, which includes quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provides teaching and instruction in the PA program including:
- Coordination of instruction for a minimum of 6 courses annually.
- Lecturing in areas of clinical and/or professional expertise.
- Providing academic advising as a Small Group Facilitator and Student Advisor.
- Assists the Director of Didactic Education in the administrative coordination of the didactic phase of the program.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Education in the administrative coordination of the clinical phase of the program.
- Assists with curriculum development, which includes the design and implementation of the curriculum.
- Assists with ongoing curriculum evaluation and improvement.
- Performs student evaluations of objective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs), lab practicals, as well as clinical reasoning, problem-solving, and technical skills sessions during the didactic and clinical phases of the program.
- Evaluates student performance of submitted assignments, including written clinical documentation, evidence-based medicine research, and health literacy projects.
- Creates examinations for courses and maps exam questions to ARC-PA accreditation standards and the NCCPA Content Blueprint.
- Provides input to assist with accreditation activities, as well as ongoing program evaluation and mission statement review.
- Participates in the program's admissions process to include student recruitment, student evaluation (through application review and candidate interviews), and student selection meetings.
- Engages in service, community and campus relations, and scholarly activities appropriate to the role of a Principal Faculty (Full-time) member.
- Participates in faculty development opportunities each year as required in the areas of teaching and academic administration.
- Assists with clinical site development and clinical site monitoring.
- Provides remedial instruction as needed.
- Assists with other responsibilities as determined by the Directors of Didactic/Clinical Education, Program Director, and/or the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Performs duties as assigned and outlined in the Faculty job description and in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Terminal Degree as a Physician Assistant; Current NCCPA Certification; eligible for State Licensure as a PA.
- 1-2 years academic experience highly preferred; 3 years clinical experience required.
- Experience in PA/medical classroom teaching preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite, ExamSoft, and WebAdMIT.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, students, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsPay TypeSalaryRequired EducationMaster’s Degree Apply Now
- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
Share this job: