Support StaffPay Grade:
11Major Administrative Unit / College:
Mktg, Public Rel, And Digital Strategy 10063701Sub Area:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
The Digital Editor for Marketing and Digital Communications and MSUToday will be creative with an attention to detail and be responsible for writing, creating, designing, loading, editing and curating content primarily for the MSUToday website and emails and MSU.edu strategic pages.
They will lead graphic design efforts for MSUToday emails and occasional special projects to supplement overall graphic design efforts for University Communications including social media, administrative initiatives and public relations efforts.
The Digital Editor will curate content for and manage top-level strategic audience pages within the university’s main website, MSU.edu., as well as curate, create and manage the event section of the university’s homepage.
Additionally, they will serve as a visual editor for MSUToday and MSU.edu websites ensuring that graphic design, photos and other visual elements meet standards and edit as needed. The Digital Editor also will create visual products such as a weekly photo gallery for use on MSUToday and channel distribution.
The Digital Editor will have an exceptional ability to work in a complex content management system serving as expert in the unit responsible for training, maintaining user guides, solving problems, assisting other content authors and exploring new system capabilities, including assisting with personalization, optimization and tagging governance efforts. They will have a curious nature and keen ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
The digital editor will be collaborative, possess excellent communications skills and have the ability to learn new duties that arise on the MSUToday editorial and web teams.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
MSUToday and MSU.edu
- Assists with planning, creation and maintenance of day-to-day content, production and workflow of online publication using Sitecore content management system, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other programs to maintain MSUToday and MSU.edu sites.
- Under given directives, edits news and information content gathered from campus sources, assuring proper organization, readability, style and format.
- Works within Sitecore to produce highly dynamic stories utilizing multiple page components for MSUToday and MSU.edu.
- Creates billboard images and headlines for secondary pages for MSUToday and MSU.edu.
- Identifies and refreshes old news content as required. Looks for opportunities to leverage new content by linking various news stories.
- Curates video content for MSUToday Weekly Update.
- Assists with MSUToday Weekly Update email content as needed, suggesting stories, graphics and edits.
- Writes stories as assigned.
- Selects stories from msuspartans.com for the Sports section of MSUToday and loads them into MSUToday.
- Creates graphics for MSUToday Weekly Update email including story tiles and quote tiles.
- Assists with identifying Faculty Voices and Student Views and prepares their digital layouts.
- Maintains status as a Sitecore power user to maintain the integrity of content added to the MSUToday and MSU.edu.
- Prepares and updates guides for Sitecore users on a variety of topics, in order to establish best practices.
- Holds training sessions for Sitecore users on using the platform, loading stories and working with Sitecore as a design tool.
- Explores and identifies new system capabilities and makes recommendations for how those capabilities could be used by the department.
- Assists with personalization, tagging governance and optimization Sitecore efforts.
- Manages MSU calendar (populating homepage, managing technical issues, inputting campus calendars, searching for events, etc.).
- Selects events, news and relevant images for MSU homepage, loading and scheduling events in Sitecore
- Assists with special media events and with all aspects of supporting special public relations projects.
- Backs up other members of the marketing, PR and operations teams as needed.
- Provides graphic design support for University Communications including Executive and Social.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
The job requires: knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Journalism, Communications Arts, Advertising, Event planning or related field; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in management, publications design and editing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
An understanding of academic organizations and procedures; experience with email communications production; knowledge of basic data-driven content strategies; general knowledge of social, web and public relations platforms and trends.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
3 Professional References
Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded for two years from date of hire, with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Bidding eligibility ends 6/22/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jun 16, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 22, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time