Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Club Football Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Part Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach in creating and maintaining a successful program for the institution on the field, in the classroom and in the community.
- Assisting the Head Coach with coaching duties
- Assisting the Head Coach with practice and game day prep for field and team
- Daily implementation of academic monitoring/mentoring
- Coaching as the Offensive Line coach as assigned.
- Assisting with game planning, and mini day camps
- On-campus recruiting
- Video editing/coordinating, film sharing
- Weekly statistical input and analytics
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Assistant Director of Athletics and Recreation, and Director of Athletics and Recreation
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Skill in the coaching and training of students.
- Knowledge of athletic program management principles.
- Knowledge of sports field maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of football rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Head Football coach assigns work in terms of program goals and objectives. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include University System of Georgia (USG), Middle Georgia State University (MGA), and National Club Football Association (NCFA) rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied program management and coaching duties. The variety of tasks to be overseen contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to help direct and coach the club football program. Success in this position results in the successful provision of programming to Middle Georgia State University students.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other University personnel, students, and coaches from other institutions, Referees, student athletes, business professionals, professional scouts, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching, and occasionally sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically performed in an office, in sports facilities, and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to machinery with moving parts.
- Night and weekend work is required.
- Travel is required.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no direct supervision over other positions.
- One year collegiate football coaching or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Part-time position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted until position is filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as one PDF attachment to [email protected] with the subject line “10018696 Offensive Assistant Football Coach 6.17.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D