Job no: 500668
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Director for Academic Budgets, Administration and Operations, the Administrative Analyst organizes and performs a variety of complex administrative duties in direct support of the Senior Director, the day-to-day operations of the Office of Academic Business and Strategic Operations (ABSO), and managing internal and external processes of the office. The Administrative Analyst performs duties independently and under limited supervision to achieve specified outcomes. The Administrative Analyst provides administrative and analytical support as well as manage projects from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with direction, maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and routinely interface with a wide variety of stakeholders. The incumbent serves as the ABSO liaison to all campus offices and works collaboratively and effectively to establish and maintain working relationships within a diverse environment.
- Manages and coordinates all projects that are given by the Senior Director. The incumbent is the main contact, coordinator, lead, and works closely with FD&O for all Facilities related projects supporting the colleges and units
- Trains division users on systems used for financial reporting and workload reconciliation, and develops training materials as needed
- Assists with the development and maintenance of project documentation, including but not limited to timeline, project scope, process mapping, and workflow design
- Provides support to the Academic Affairs Resource Team (AART) and sub-committees, including meeting coordination, preparing agendas and meeting notes
- Coordinates special projects and events for the division. Collaborates with AAD staff in support of the Provost’s initiatives
- Creates and maintains division DocuSign templates and forms
- Compiles data, produces and proofreads complex budget tables, performs editorial duties, and publishes the Academic Affairs Budget Book in accessible electronic format for distribution
- Prepares quarterly and year-end forecasts and analysis for units and funds assigned, including state and auxiliary accounts
- Oversees, maintains, and reconciles the Special Projects Funds.
- Maintains and monitors the accounting of assigned division-wide commitments, such as off campus lease, software agreements, etc
- Creates informative and well-organized financial presentations and reports.
- Manages various payment and salary reimbursement processes
- Maintains the office budget and initiates purchase requisitions, direct pay claims, budget and expense transfers as directed
- Manages and coordinates the logistics for meeting preparation and follow-up assignments. Provides support in ensuring the Senior Director’s time is utilized efficiently and effectively by monitoring activities and calendar
- Coordinates the Senior Director’s calendar and maintains various division and office event calendars
- Assists with and proofreads ABSO correspondences that are sent out on behalf of the Senior Director and ABSO
- Oversees day-to-day office operations and manages incoming calls to the main ABSO office.
- Coordinates travel including pre-approval, logistics, and reimbursements for the Senior Director and all ABSO employees
- Arranges and schedules meetings, including coordinating logistics with executive support staff across the university
- Provides basic IT troubleshooting for staff offices, shared spaces, and online meetings through telepresence
- Organizes and maintains confidentiality and security of files (electronic and physical) in ABSO
- Maintains the ABSO website, Academic Affairs Resource Hub, and ABSO Blog
- Coordinates payroll activities and tracks absences for the Senior Director’s direct reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent policies, procedures, laws, and regulations and present recommendations or information to individuals or groups in a persuasive manner
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse constituents
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and strong relationship building skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to investigate and analyze problems having broad administrative impact.
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods
- Ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies
- Ability to prepare, write, and edit general communications, technical reports, training guidelines and informational materials
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) and ability to analyze the financial structure and procedures of SJSU, including its purpose, functions, and fiscal organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts in preparation of detailed financial analyses and reports
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to anticipate problems, develop solutions, and address them proactively
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Fluency in applications such as LucidChart, Google Suite, DocuSign, data visualization tools, word processing, spreadsheet, database management, mainframe access, CMS Financials and Human Resources
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Three years of relevant work experience performing similar functions
- Experience working in higher education or the California State University system.
- Experience working with business intelligence software and workflow management tools
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,580/month - $6,250/month
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: May 24, 2021 through June 8, 2021. Application Screening Date Extended through July 5, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: June 18, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled