Strategic Communications Specialist for Student & Academic Services 🔍Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
📁Marketing📅Jun 18, 2021 Post Date📅90061 Requisition #Business Title
: Strategic Communications Specialist for Student & Academic ServicesUnit
: Student and Academic ServicesPosition type
: Two-year fixed term Stanford University has an immediate opening for a full-time Strategic Communications Specialist in Student and Academic Services
(SAS), an organization that works to ensure student success, equity of access, and the integrity of a Stanford education. Under the direction of the Director of Student Experience Strategy for Student and Academic Services, this two year, fixed-term position will support the development and implementation of change management and communications initiatives for Student and Academic Services (SAS). About our Organization
SAS is part of the Division of Student Affairs
, which supports a variety of student experiences outside the classroom in our residences, community centers, student organizations, health center, and career education center and is dedicated to Our Most Important Work
. SAS supports students throughout their academic journey from finding and selecting courses to choosing a major, paying their bill, providing visas, protecting their records, and answering their questions. We design and provide the systems and applications that enable a seamless academic experience for students. SAS oversees seven departments including the Bechtel International Center, Graduate Admissions, Mind Over Money Financial Wellness, Student Financial Services, Student Information Systems, the Student Services Center and the University Registrar. Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford’s commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work. This position reports to the Associate Vice Provost for Student and Academic Services and University Registrar. In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Recommend and execute marketing, communications, change management and campus readiness strategies to meet business objectives, including supporting the implementation of six in-flight projects and several more planned projects.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or service marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience planning, producing and executing on communications and change management strategies related to major technology implementations.
- Experience building and managing community engagement activities and programs.
- Proficiency in Drupal, Adobe Creative Cloud applications, video production, and email marketing tools.
Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed. How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application. Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 90061