Assistant Director, AdmissionsLOCATION
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with guidance counselors and key educational organizations.JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:
- This individual will work to support the Associate Director of Admission for Diversity and Outreach initiatives and serve as a member of the Diversity and Outreach Initiatives team.
- Recruit, train and manage student staff in support of on campus programming to support the recruitment and enrollment of first generation, female students and students from under-represented backgrounds.
- Assist in the development of a strategic recruitment plan for targeted populations (first generation, female student and students from under-represented backgrounds).
- Develop strategic recruitment plan for geographic territory in concert with university and departmental objectives. Plan Travel and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools and territories including travel (5 to 6 weeks in the fall and 2 to 3 weeks in the spring) to support student recruitment.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admission strategies in assigned geographic region with special emphasis on collaboration with Community Based Organizations.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staffing TouchTomorrow event on an annual basis. Attendance and participation at all of the Admissions open house events.
- Make Admissions decisions based on a holistic review of application credentials.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus and virtually.
- Assist in the planning, execution and management of outreach events for underrepresented and female student throughout the recruitment process.
- Liaise with the Office of Multicultural Affairs in support of underrepresented students.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two to four years admissions experience in a professional capacity is desired.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet also as part of a successful team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, and maturity.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
- Experience working with diverse student populations preferred.
Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.FLSA STATUS
United States of America (Exempt)WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Admissions_R0001343
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency