Administrative Assistant VILOCATION
Mathematical Sciences OperationsDIVISION NAME
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide clerical and administrative support to the department of Mathematical Sciences. The ideal candidate will possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel. We are looking for a resourceful individual, with good problem-solving skills, organization skills and with the ability to prioritize tasks. We value interest in continuous learning of new competencies to excel at the position and flexibility to work in a team.JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:
- Provides support to the Operations Manager for department events, workshops, conferences, student hires, record keeping, overall operations of department office.
- Process expense reports, check requests, maintains budget records, assist in administration of budget and budget planning using all available applications of university software.
- Assist in annual budget coordination; maintains and tracks departmental records and provides support or implementation of department and university administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative assistance associated with sponsored research in accordance with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Assist with departmental hiring procedures, scheduling visits, travel arrangements. Interfaces with Talent & Inclusion to facilitate hiring needs.
- Assist with website content, marketing materials, colloquium, seminar, special lectures, announcements, department news. Assist in updating and maintaining web site content.
- Provides support for faculty meetings, prepares minutes
- Assist in planning and orchestrating events such as colloquiums, seminars, undergraduate and graduate activities, project presentation day, math meet, receptions, etc.
- Receive and work with students, visitors, and faculty to make them feel welcome and to meet their needs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3- 5 years of experience preferably in higher education.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and other office productivity software tools.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal and communication skills to work with other staff, faculty, students, co-workers, visitors, and parents.
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-VI_R0001350
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency