Senior Manager, External Communications, Trademark Specialist
Stanford University is seeking a Public Relations Officer 2 to be under the guidance of senior management, plan, coordinate and implement communication programs for a department/unit, center or institute. Develop internal and external written communications, Web and digital communications, and collateral materials and coordinate media relations programs and efforts.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Provide public relations support for audiences that are both internal and external to the university.
- Plan and execute activities to support public relations objectives.
- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including presentations, speeches, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence and social media posts.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Participate in regular meetings of key researchers with media relations needs to develop strategies and tactics for facilitating effective communications.
- Identify and maintain professional relationships with key press, policy influencers and community leaders.
- Prepare content for internal or external newsletters. Understand email and digital content distribution.
- Assist in developing strategies for brand managements, reputation management and issues management of moderate complexity.
- Assist with the design and implementation of effective constituent communications programs and social media strategies.
- Serve as a project leader for public relations activities of small to moderate complexity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and advanced skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- On call and ability to respond 24/7.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency