Assistant Resident Director, DC ProgramLocation:
Washington, DCOpen Date:
Jun 17, 2021Description:
Student support, including responding to emergency situations, and administrative assistance to the Hamilton faculty member serving as Resident Director of the Washington DC Program.
This is a part time, non-benefited position.
Assist the DC Program’s Resident Director, other College administrators, with various tasks, including:
- Being on call when the resident director is away or indisposed; additional responsible adult contact for students should there be an emergency. Completing Hamilton protocol response to emergencies
- Student support (including local guidance, covid safety and protocol checks, supporting students with non-academic concerns)
- Scheduling events and guest speakers
- Scheduling and monitoring apartment maintenance (including appliances, furniture, supplies, cleanings)
- Managing student and director transitions, including move in and move out arrangements
- Overseeing summer apartment rental
- Bachelors degree
- Educational background and/or training in higher education student services, social work, case management, or equivalent preferred.
- Three years of experience working directly with college students in a support capacity or demonstrated related experience preferred.
- Experience with crisis management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in and experience with student services
- Acknowledged willingness to serve on an on-call basis as needed, and respond to emergent issues 24/7 during program operation.
- Demonstrated confidence in stressful situations and an ability to make decisions in complicated situations under conditions of stress.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of university/college setting
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact references for three professional references.