Employee Services provides the CU community with excellent services from recruitment to retirement. This office provides technical expertise while administering benefits, professional development, payroll, individual tax management, and strategic HR programs. The functional areas of Employee Services include Payroll, Technologies, Benefits, Retirement, Financial Education, Learning and Development, International Tax and Human Resources.Position Summary
The Tuition Assistance Benefit (TAB) Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the University of Colorado’s (CU)Tuition Assistance Benefit program. The incumbent serves as the subject matter expert for processes and administration of policies for university employees. This position will collaborate with all four of CU’s campuses to improve and maintain TAB processes and ensure data entry of employee benefit enrollments. The TAB Program Coordinator will be expected to contact customers and third-party vendors via telephone or e-mail, ensuring exceptional customer service and professionalism is delivered to every employee. This position reports to the Benefits Enrollment Manager and is exempt for the State of Colorado Classified Staff.Duties
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Who we are:
- Develops, maintains, and implements TAB application, processes, and customer service communications.
- Creates communications to audiences which include, but are not limited to, Directors, Vice Chancellors, Finance subcommittees, Office of Policy and Efficiency, Benefits and Payroll teams, Staff Council, and employees.
- Manages tuition taxation activities to ensure university compliance with IRS requirements.
- Identifies, researches, creates, and processes semester taxation transactions.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies in application, communication, taxation, and reporting processes.
- Collaborates with Employees Services, UIS, and campus Bursar/Registrar on business requirements, change management, and feasibility.
- Provides consultation to university employees by assessing and diagnosing issues and making recommendations for best practices based upon current TAB and benefit eligibility policies.
- Communicates with customers to provide information regarding the TAB and the status of applications.
- Evaluates appeals and makes determination or recommendation for those that must be escalated.
- Ensures consistent interpretation of policy and identifies process and/or policy revisions as needed.
- Tracks all work and customer communication using Cherwell.
- Processes TAB applications using OnBase and the human capital management (HCM) software systems.
- Utilizes OnBase to create and send out mass communications, deadlines, forms, and notifications regarding the TAB program.
- Creates and maintains accurate training documents to track TAB and benefits enrollment processes.
- Responsible for training Enrollment Management and Benefit Counselors in TAB processes and policies.
- Works with Employee Services Benefits, Communications, and Learning and Development on the development of appropriate information for distribution to current and prospective employees inquiring about the TAB and eligibility for benefits.
- Collects, edits, organizes, and disseminates quantitative TAB information for individual campuses regularly and as requested.
- Assist with and support enrollment management duties
- Assist with other duties, responsibilities and project as assigned
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
.The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage
for more information.What we offer:Salary:
The salary range for this position is $46,800 - $50,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of program coordination.
- Skilled in identification of program needs, and the ability to implement changes or make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver a high level of commitment to customer service.
- Skill in and ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work with others from different areas and backgrounds to reach a common goal
- Computer skills, including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and learn and experiment with new software and systems
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others
- Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner
- Ability to present oneself professionally in appearance, demeanor, and effort
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members in-person and remotely
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- One (1) year of experience with program coordination, benefits enrollment, benefits management, or other related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with program coordination, benefits enrollment, benefits management, and other related experience.
- Microsoft Access Database experience.
- PeopleSoft HCM experience.
- Previous working experience within a benefits administration setting.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jun 30, 2021Unposting Date: