This position determines and executes strategies in support of annual philanthropy and engagement goals. Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement Marketing Communications, the primary responsibilities are to analyze data for all marketing campaigns and create strategic plans. This will require analyzing audiences, serving as the data lead contact, and assessing performance for the Marketing Communications, Alumni Relations, Special Events, and Donor Relations teams. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to adjust to changing priorities and challenges in a busy environment are required.
Data analytics will be used to identify and determine relevant constituent groups and subgroups that include but are not limited to alumni, parents, donors and friends for marketing and program outreach. The position will have strategic oversight and responsibility for how marketing communications conducts work to promote the University.
Strategic Data Application
• On behalf of Marketing Communications, Special Events, and Donor Relations, serve as the department’s primary data manager.
• Provide expertise in Advancement databases, reports, and associated pathways to create strong lists of target or desired audiences.
• Analyze and recommend which constituents should be included in communications.
• Strategize and lead dataset requests for specified projects and refine subsets as needed; provide required dataset files to staff who are executing digital outreach.
Data Process Oversight
• Create and oversee processes for marketing data accuracy and integrity.
• Analyze operational challenges and offers systems solutions and suggestions.
• Confer with technical personnel to assess reporting needs.
• Recommend program customizations, modifications, enhancements and/or additions to existing database reports.
• Analyze constituent behaviors in response to digital outreach and, in response, create solutions for successful future campaigns.
• Create a system for measuring the overall success of digital outreach as it pertains to audiences, as well as their development and engagement
• Build upon current, and devise new, more robust and multi-faceted analysis metrics.
• Work closely with colleagues to help increase email open rates, click rates, and reduce unsubscribes.
• Develop new data reports and monitor the effectiveness of the data and its use.
• Promote best practices for digital engagement with all stakeholder groups.
• Remain fluent in the ever-changing environment and regulations surrounding social media and digital advertising.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to report metrics to leadership on a regular basis.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering required, Master's degree preferred.
4 years of data analysis and project management, experience, preferably in a higher-education setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency, or ability to become proficient, in OASIS, Emma, Cvent, EverTrue, iModules, Prizm screenings, and other data management platforms utilized in Advancement.
• Proficient in anticipating social media and email data needs.
• Prior experience working with marketing professionals is ideal.
• Strong communication skills, including direct interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organization and project management skills, with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with keen attention to detail.
• A personal belief in mission, goals and objectives of private higher education.
• Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish