Requisition Number:31289Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:30-Jun-2021Date Posted:16-Jun-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Onboarding & HR Communications Professional
provides high-quality onboarding programs and HR communications support to the University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder) campus. The Department of Human Resources
(HR) onboarding program delivers programming, resources and tools to new hires in their first year and their supervisors. This position is a champion of the new employee experience by supporting and delivering services through the entire onboarding cycle. The HR communications program provides communication strategy and support for nine centers of expertise within HR that serve the faculty, research faculty and staff populations on campus. Through HR communications this position applies a broad range of HR knowledge to write and deliver comprehensive communications.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are We exist to create success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager; a member of the faculty or staff – to do what they do…better. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeOnboarding Programs
- Program Management
- Manage rosters, registrations and invitations.
- Coordinate logistics and speakers.
- Write, format, and schedule communications.
- Troubleshoot set-up/activation issues for new hires.
- Assist in identifying, crafting and implementing onboarding services and resources for new hires.
- Field new hire questions.
- Partner with Recruiting team to support a seamless transition from candidate to a new hire.
- Serve as an in-person and/or virtual facilitator for onboarding programs. This includes speaking in front of groups, handling session logistics and fielding questions from attendees.
- Be a champion for the new employee experience.
- Program Development
- Assist in process mapping, requirements gathering and development needs for onboarding resources, tools and programs.
- Track and help assess data and analytics.
- Partner with HR subject matters authorities to write, edit and distribute communications.
- Apply laws, policies and HR guidance interpretation to communications.
- Manage website revisions and maintenance. Participates in planning and development to meet website needs.
- Collaborate closely with the central communications office to ensure alignment of communications at the campus level.
- Review and edit communications to ensure they are accessible and inclusive.
- Coordinate and participate in campus outreach events for employees.
What We Can OfferSalary range is $50,000 - $65,000.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Engaged. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 2 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- New employee onboarding and/or orientation.
- Facilitating and managing employee programs similar to onboarding.
- Other similar experience in recruiting and hiring new employees.
What You Will Need
- Confidence in public speaking and group facilitation.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to manage and prioritize high-volume workload.
- Strong writing skills, knowledge in AP style of writing.
- Ability to influence and work effectively with diverse partners.
- Ability to research and apply policy, law, and standard methodologies to communications.
- Extremely detail-focused with the ability to anticipate communications needs.
- Ability to think critically and seek creative solutions.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in writing, editing, and distributing internal employee communications.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 30, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]