Faculty Assistant, Office of Faculty Support - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
Georgetown University Law Center has an exciting opportunity for a new Faculty Assistant
to join its Office of Faculty Support. The Faculty assistant will perform impactful work, assuming duties that include, but are not limited to:
- serve on a team of faculty assistants who support the teaching and scholarly responsibilities of full-time law faculty members.
- provides professional support to, on average, ten to twelve assigned faculty. Support services may include assisting faculty with the entire range of their Georgetown teaching responsibilities, committee assignments, and scholarly work.
- collaborates and communicates effectively with all members of the Law Center community (faculty, students, and staff), vendors, visitors, and the public in order to provide comprehensive, high level support to Law Center Faculty.
A successful faculty assistant is proactive, strategic, and organized so that they are able to balance a wide-range of responsibilities in the support of their assigned faculty.The person in this position is a member of the Office of Faculty Support and receives direct oversight from the Assistant Director of Faculty Support.Qualifications
- At least two years prior experience in administrative support and/or customer service roles.
- Experience with the practical application of routine office practices and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working with a wide range of individuals.
- Past experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe.
- Must possess the ability to gain proficiency with other office and campus technologies (including GMS/Workday, Concur, and Canvas).
Current Georgetown Employees:
- A bachelor's degree and previous experience in higher education or a law office environment
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Faculty-Assistant--Office-of-Faculty-Support---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR10472
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency