Casual WagePosition Title:
Athletic Communications Assistant (no benefits) 10 monthFull Time/Part Time:
Athletic CommunicationsDepartment Statement:
The Colgate University Department of Athletics is currently accepting applications for a 10-month part-time position working with athletic communications. This position reports to the Director of Athletic Communications and assists with coverage of Colgate’s 25-sport Division I Athletics program.Accountabilities:
• The Athletic Communications Assistant will be the primary contact for several of Colgate’s 25 Division I athletic teams including, but not limited to, the nationally-ranked women’s ice hockey team.Professional Experience/ Qualifications:
• Serve as the official scorer for selected sports and primary contact for game day press box and press conference operations.
• Develop online materials to promote Colgate Athletics and selected teams
• Interview coaches and student-athletes for online, written and social media content.
• Coordinate with television, newspaper and other media outlets to promote student-athletes and coaches.
• Collaborate with the multimedia and marketing departments to create best possible coverage of events.
• Ensure effective updating and usage of social media and other related platforms for assigned sports.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Experience using Microsoft Office products and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)Physical Requirements:
• Highly motivated, goal- and team-orientated individual who is passionate about athletics.
• Ability to manage various projects and meet hard deadlines.
• Comfortable following directions and translating constructive feedback in their work.
• Ability to lead, train, and supervise game-day student staff.
• Can problem-solve and work independently.
• Preferred experience with StatCrew systems.
• Preferred previous experience within a collegiate Athletics Communications office.
• The job requires frequent work during evenings and weekends throughout the year.Other Information:
• Work conditions may include extreme weather (rain, snow, etc.).
• Anticipated start date is August 1, 2021, with position running no later than through May 31, 2022.Requisition Number:
The job requires frequent work during evenings and weekends throughout the year.Job Open Date:
06/15/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions Summary:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and the names of three current references.EEO Statement:
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Clery Act:
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.