Faculty - WeldingClassification Title:
Full Time FacultySalary Type:
E = ExemptPosition Summary::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Welding Instructor who will be responsible to teach theory and lab in plate and pipe with GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, cutting processes, Blueprint reading and robotics. To include all classes listed in the Program of Study for Welding Technologies.
The Welding Instructor must be willing to teach days, evenings, and weekends as required or needed, will keep advancing his/her knowledge in the field of study, and will also teach and observe all safety as it applies to RCCC and welding labs.
The Welding Instructor will keep accurate records on students and attendance, will learn and apply programs used by advisors and others to assist students in planning their education in welding, assist in registrations of students when called upon and will assist in lab maintenance, inventorying supplies, and events that RCCC and the welding program may be engaged in. The Instructor must be willing to accept changes as the welding program and RCCC moves forward in the future.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
- A.A.S. degree in WeldingDepartment::
- 5 years’ work experience as a Welding Instructor or a combination as a Welder, Welding Instructor, and Inspector that totals 5 years with at least 3 as a Welder.
Welding TechnologyWork Hours::
06/28/2021Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility::
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility::
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility::
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility::
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility::
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.