Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-038936 Job Title
Financial Aid Advisor IAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Financial AidProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Financial Aid Advisor I, under direction, awards a financial aid package that conforms to all Title IV regulations as well as state and university policies to eligible TAMU-C students. Assists in facilitating workshops and learns to make presentations on and off campus to groups regarding financial aid and scholarships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews federal and state publications and other communications to continually recommend improvements in the financial aid process. Assists in the development of financial aid operating forms.
- Assists in the collection and preparation of data (housing, child care costs, etc.) used to determine student expense budgets.
- Assists with data input and calculations in order to complete reporting requirements at both the federal and university levels.
- Performs public speaking responsibilities including financial aid presentations, admission presentations and coordinates and conducts loan entrance interviews.
- Responsible for final input into the computerized student information system (Banner) and verifies the accuracy of previous data entry.
- Reviews file for general eligibility, satisfactory academic progress and documentation requirements. Exercises professional judgment regarding students’ dependency status, special conditions, and approve or disapprove aid eligibility appeals. Determines eligibility and award federal and state aid.
- Performs public relations activities such as advises and counsels students in the areas of federal, state, and university policies and procedures that relate to the financial aid programs. Handles problem students and/or parents at any stage of the student’s application.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Oral and written communication skills. Customer Service skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work individually or as a team. Ability to organize and make decisions. Requires some evening and weekend work.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: As an advisor to students and/or processor of student athlete information, will be required to receive training in athletic compliance and must follow all NCAA rules.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Some experience in planning, organizing, or in higher education preferred. A thorough and working knowledge of federal, state and Texas A&M University-Commerce laws, regulations, practices and procedures pertaining to student financial aid a plus. A thorough and working knowledge of Banner is helpful.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.