Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-039029 Job Title
Head Women's Golf CoachAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
AthleticsProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Head Golf Coach is responsible for providing leadership for the Women’s Golf program at the NCAA Division II level within the Lone Star Conference. Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include coaching, planning, organizing, recruiting and adherence to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Lone Star Conference and the NCAA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach student-athletes within the Golf program at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- Plan and implement a sound pre-season training program in coordination with the strength and conditioning staff.
- Plan for all team practices to maximize time, effort, safety and skill.
- Counsel all student-athletes as needed in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, including consulting with the Student Services personnel and other University administrators to resolve problems. Monitor and encourage the academic progress of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Athletic Academic Advisor, culminating in their graduation.
- Advise and counsel with student-athletes within the program regarding obligations to comply with all University, Lone Star Conference , and NCAA rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Promote an atmosphere for compliance within the program supervised by the coach. Monitor the activities regarding compliance of all assistant coaches and other administrators involved with the program who report directly or indirectly to the coach. Ensure compliance with Lone Star Conference, NCAA rules, and Title IX regulations and submit documentation as required by the Lone Star Conference and NCAA.
- Provide for the safety and welfare of team members at all times. Work with the athletic training staff to assure all student-athletes within the program have had physical exams and their athletic training needs have been met.
- Recruit and retain outstanding athletes to the TAMUC Golf program, who can be academically successful, through the use of performance lists, video, various sporting events, coaches recommendations and national results. Coordinates contacts with recruits and their families. Meets with unsolicited potential walk-on student-athletes and their families.
- Participate in public relations, recruiting, and development efforts.
- Develop a balanced and challenging competition schedule by the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponent teams.
- Attend monthly Head Coaches meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Administer program budget, analyze funding needs, yearly equipment request, and plan fundraising activities to subsidize the respective athletic program.
- Represent the Athletic Department at professional, civic, charitable and alumni events as requested.
- Assist with coordinating community service and outreach activities for student-athletes within the program.
- Promote the respective sports program by working closely and effectively with various public and booster groups.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Five years demonstrated successful experience in playing and/or coaching at the collegiate, university or professional level. Division I or II experience with fundraising initiatives. Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport. Effective interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student-athletes academically and athletically. Knowledge and experience with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes. Ability to work with a wide variety of people. Ability to travel and work on nights and weekends.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: NA
- Other Requirements: NA
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree. Prior college coaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Assistant coach, student workers and graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.