Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R-039000 Job Title
Adjunct Faculty - Sociology & Criminal JusticeAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Sociology & Criminal JusticeProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
This Adjunct Faculty for the Department of Sociology & Criminal Justice will be responsible for teaching up to six semester credit hours in Anthropology with a Sociocultural specialization either on campus or online.
Major/Essential Duties of Job:
- Successful applicants will teach up to six semester credit hours within Anthropology with a Sociocultural specialization on campus or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand, hold office hours and assist students as needed.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
Occasional Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree or PhD in Discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in the subject area is required.
- Position requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- The degree must be in hand at the time of hiring.
Preferred Special knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- A degree of familiarity with online teaching.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.