Administrative Assistant-Student Disability Services
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units. Responsibilities
1. Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
2. Serves as an administrative resource for all faculty, staff and guests visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
3. Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents or communications as requested
4. Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
5. Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
6. Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
7. Monitors and assesses office equipment, stationery and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
8. Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, analyzing data, tracking and archiving files
9. May maintain department purchasing card (PCard), cash and/or credit card**DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as the first point of contact for the department
2. Hires, trains and supervise student workers
3. Manages Student Disability Services resource email account and respond to and/or routes emails to appropriate staff.
4. Assists with the administration and proctoring of exams
5. Assists with SDS outreach programming and campus-wide events.
6. Provides support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of department, as requested.Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
High School diploma or equivalentRequired Experience
One (1) year of related administrative, office or clerical experience Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience providing administrative support for large teams; Previous experience in higher educationPreferred Educational Qualifications
Undergraduate Degree Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to utilize standard office equipment and multi-line telephone system; Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesSKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquetteDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ability to work as a contributing member in a team-oriented environment, successfully interacting with internal and external colleagues and partners
Strong commitment to diversity and awareness of individual differences
Understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Credit (if applicable)
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=228863&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency