Scholarships Funds Analyst (4628U) 19821
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 30, 2021
The mission of the UC Berkeley Financial Aid and Scholarships Office is to provide students access to an excellent education. Through strategic partnerships and rigorous planning, our dedicated staff:
- Offers innovative aid programs to make higher education affordable
- Helps students and parents navigate financial aid processes
- Counsels students so they understand their options and feel empowered to make the best choices to manage their financial lives
- Advocates on behalf of students
- Teaches students about financial literacy
- Creates a comprehensive, holistic culture of care that transforms the student experience and helps us recruit, retain, and graduate students and prepare them for success in life
- Fosters a sense of community by encouraging alumni and donors to connect with the university and give the gift of access to the next generation of students
The Scholarship Funds Analyst holds primary responsibility for entries and adjustments to financial aid accounts in the Campus Solutions (CS) system and Student Financials System resulting from scholarship aid transactions. Manages scholarship fund transactions to maximize optimum fund utilization, appropriately award scholarships to students, and ensure compliance with University policies and donor restrictions. Communicates need for updates and enhancements in the awarding systems to developers and management. Coordinates system implementation and upgrades. Ensures student award accounting complies with GASB and GAAP standards and ensures the maintenance of proper controls.
- Applies advanced financial services and accounting concepts to perform highly complex technical analyses. Advanced understanding of industry practices and organizational policies and procedures to resolve highly complex or difficult assignments. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of student scholarship and awards, student receivables, and accounting systems to resolve highly complex transactional issues and ensure financial activity is captured and reported timely and accurately.
- Develops and implements financial transaction processes and procedures; Provides guidance, training, and reporting for development office staff, fund management team, and private donors on student aid data and transactions. Provides superior customer service on escalated cases for campus staff, donors and students related to scholarship and award processes.
- Serves as a project manager and subject matter expert for student awards. Participates in the analysis and design for new services or financial operational systems or processes related to student awards that have critical campus-wide impact.
- Responsible for providing analyses for highly complex budgetary, financial and resource projects, often dealing directly with major department managers. Monitors budget performance, recommends strategies to mitigate deviations, and ensures adjusting entries result in balanced books.
- Coordinates financial system implementations and upgrades.
- Ensures student awards are in compliance with federal and state regulations, University policy and donor restrictions. Participates in audits of internal records and processes.
- Develops a professional development plan and participates in development activities, such as attending classes, joining organizations, working on special projects, and serving on departmental or campus-wide committees, in order to enhance expertise in job areas.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect functional areas.
- May lead a team of financial services professional and/or clerical staff. Train staff and create effective teamwork environment.
- Advanced knowledge of financial or accounting concepts, policies and procedures, as well as related accounting and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of or ability to gain knowledge of campus and system-wide financial processes and procedures.
- Must have advanced skills using Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Position requires superior customer service, inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
- Skills must include sophisticated service orientation, ability to multi-task effectively in a varied, high volume environment, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, creative problem solving, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- May require analytical skills sufficient to develop and implement financial data management and reporting systems.
- May require skills in project management, leadership, and process re-design.
- Leadership skills to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to professional and support staff.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range is $75,000 - $82,000/annually. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=19821&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency