Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
The Maahs Lab in Pediatric Endocrinology at Stanford University is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator for database and technology support duties related to the collection of clinical data and/or the coordination of clinical studies. Work under supervision of the principal investigator and the clinical research manager.
The Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes in the Department of Pediatrics has a long tradition of major contributions in both medical research and education, as well as a strong commitment to the quality clinical care of children. With an impressive number of sponsored research being conducted by our research teams at any given period, this position offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and professional Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator. Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Build, program, maintain and edit REDCap study databases.
- Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires. This position will need to navigate the REDCap database to ensure proper data collection and build REDCap reminders, features and reports to track participant completion.
- This position will be responsible for ensuring the correct version of the REDCap consent and assent are used along with assisting in uploading and building out any new consent versions in the database.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from pediatric and adult EPIC and source documents for research studies as directed. Enter data into REDCap.
- Contacting and communicating with participants will be focused on technology support for their study devices (continuous glucose monitors and Garmin activity tracker watches).
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Perform clerical duties to meet the demands of the projects.
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
Experience in designing and maintaining study databases - specific REDCap knowledge & training preferred. Data entry experience. General knowledge of medical terminology. Strong communication and teamwork skills. Type 1 Diabetes Knowledge a plus.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
Additional PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
Additional WORKING CONDITIONS:
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency