Temporary Faculty Pool- Computer Science
Instructional Faculty - Temporary/Lecturer
Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Temporary, Part Time
Temporary Faculty Pool - Lecturer in Computer ScienceDepartment Overview:
The Department of Computer Science is a rich mix of domestic and international members with 12 faculty and over 450 students in the B.S. and M.S. programs. Our interests span both research and practice, including artificial intelligence, big data, bioinformatics and computational biology, data mining, human-computer interaction and experience, machine learning, meta-heuristics, networking and mobile computing, parallel and high-performance computing, software engineering, types and programming languages, and web technologies. The department is active on research activities and industry partnerships locally and globally and helps bridge student internships on- and off-campus.
Learn more about our department at http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/csci/Position Summary:
The successful applicant may teach the following Computer Science courses and other lower and/or upper division courses.
We are interested in candidates who are qualified to teach:
- CSCI 1 (Critical Thinking and Computer Science),
- CSCI 39 (Computer Science Principles),
- CSCI 40 (Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving),
- CSCI 41 (Introduction to Data Structures),
- CSCI 60 (Foundations of Computer Science),
- CSCI 112 (Introduction to Computer Systems)
Please be advised that an appointment is contingent upon budget and enrollment considerations and subject to order of assignment provisions in the collective bargaining agreement between California State University and California Faculty Association. These provisions state the “Order of Work,” or the order in which available courses must be assigned to faculty, starting with tenure line faculty and ending with new lecturer appointees.Salary Range
Commensurate with experience. Anticipated Semester
The temporary faculty pool is continuously open, and positions are filled as needed, based on student enrollment and funding. This is a pool of part-time lecturers for the department to draw on as necessary. Appointments from the pool are temporary and often made just prior to the start of the academic term. Applicants may need to be available to begin teaching on short notice. The pool will remain in place for two academic terms; those interested in remaining in the pool beyond that time must reapply.
- Fall 2021: August 17, 2021 - December 22, 2021
- Spring 2022: January 18, 2022 - May 21, 2022
- Opportunities for teaching during the Summer and Winter Intersessions may also be available.
- Primary instruction will be on-campus once Fresno State repopulates according to CDC guidelines.
- Appointees will be required to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States (Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for Temporary Faculty positions).
Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.): A Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.): A Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- A commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate level, which may be exhibited through prior teaching experiences and teaching evaluations or other evidence.
- Expertise in a closely-related science and mathematics discipline
A review applications continues on a rolling basis as teaching positions open. Deadline is June 30, 2021 to be fully considered for Fall 2021 hiring. Job Announcement for 2021-2022 Academic Year closing date is March 1, 2022.
Complete an online application at https://careers.fresnostate.edu,
search for the appropriate Job Announcement, Create an Applicant Profile, or Login if you have already have an Applicant Profile, and attach the following materials:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications and experience, and list of courses you are interested in teaching,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Names and contact information of at least three professional references - the committee will request current letters of recommendation, do not attach,
- Statement on diversity: This statement provides the applicant's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help Fresno State contribute to its mission in these areas,
- Copies of unofficial transcripts from all relevant educational programs.
contact Dr. Shih-Hsi "Alex" Liu, Chair, E-mail: [email protected]
.The position advertised will remain open until filled
. Interviews may follow. Qualified applicants not hired at this time will remain in this pool for future consideration.About the Campus
California State University, Fresno, is a forward-looking and diverse institution located in California's Central Valley, known for its agriculture, reasonable housing costs, cultural diversity, and proximity to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada.
The Fresno State campus sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokuts and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land.
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect, and ethical behavior, please visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
The campus is ranked 24th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges.Fresno State's Principles of Community
These Principles were developed collaboratively by faculty, staff, and administrators. They exemplify what we aspire to be. Find out more about our Principles of Community at: https://fresnostate.edu/president/strategic-plan/principles-of-community.htmlWe all play a role in fostering an inclusive work and learning environment of respect, kindness, collaboration, and accountability where every member of the student body, faculty, staff, and administration can thrive. Our Principles of Community reflect our core values of Discovery, Diversity, and Distinction as well as our deep commitment to our mission "to boldly educate and empower students for success."Our Students
California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.Other Campus Information
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml.
Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/499439/temporary-faculty-pool-computer-science
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency