Temporary Faculty Pool- Literacy,Early,Bilingual,Special Education
Instructional Faculty - Temporary/Lecturer
Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Temporary, Part Time, Faculty - Education/Library Science
Temporary Faculty Pool - Lecturer in LEBSE and/or Education Specialist Student Teaching SupervisorDepartment Overview:
The Literacy, Early, Bilingual, and Special Education Department (LEBSE) offers courses for the preparation and professional development and advancement of Pre-K-12 teachers. The department currently houses four (4) graduate programs: Literacy, Early Education, Multilingual/Multicultural, and Special Education, and two advanced credentials: Reading Literacy and Leadership Specialist Credential and the Early Childhood Specialist Credential. It also provides courses and supervision to three California teaching credential programs (Multiple, Single Subject, and Education Specialist) and to the Bilingual Authorization Program. The department also prides itself in having faculty who are actively involved in teaching, scholarship, service, and grant leadership.
Learn more about our department at http://fresnostate.edu/kremen/academics/departments/lebse.htmlPosition Summary:
Applicants interested in teaching LEE or SPED courses or supervising an Educational Specialist Credential Candidate in the LEBSE department are invited to peruse the following course listings: Conditional Appointment
Please be advised that an appointment is contingent upon budget and enrollment considerations and subject to order of assignment provisions in the collective bargaining agreement between California State University and California Faculty Association. These provisions state the “Order of Work,” or the order in which available courses must be assigned to faculty, starting with tenure line faculty and ending with new lecturer appointees.Salary Range
Commensurate with experience. Anticipated Semester
The temporary faculty pool is continuously open, and positions are filled as needed, based on student enrollment and funding. This is a pool of part-time lecturers for the department to draw on as necessary. Appointments from the pool are temporary and often made just prior to the start of the academic term. Applicants may need to be available to begin teaching on short notice. The pool will remain in place for two academic terms; those interested in remaining in the pool beyond that time must reapply.
- Fall 2021: August 17, 2021 - December 22, 2021;
- Spring 2022: January 18, 2022 - May 21, 2022;
- Opportunities for teaching during the Summer and Winter Intersessions may also be available.
Primary instruction will be on-campus once Fresno State repopulates according to CDC guidelines.
Appointees will be required to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States (Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for Temporary Faculty positions).Required Qualifications:
Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
- LEE and SPED course(s) 100-level courses require that the instructor have a master's degree in one of the following: Literacy, Early Education, Bilingual Education, Special Education, and/or Multi-lingual-Multicultural, and 200-level courses require that the instructor have a doctorate degree. Also, instructors of online courses are required to be online certified and or take QLT training before serving as an online instructor. QLT link http://courseredesign.csuprojects.org/wp/qualityassurance/qlt/
- SPED supervision courses(s) require that the applicant have a master's degree, and hold the appropriate clear teaching credential or a clear administrative credential; or have expertise in a teacher preparation program with a terminal degree, i.e. a doctorate in Special Education or Education.
- Courses: Two-three years' teaching experience grades K-12.
- Supervision: Three years teaching experience in the supervising field or three years' experience as an administrator.
- Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate level, which may be exhibited through prior teaching experiences and teaching evaluations or other evidence.
- Successful teaching (or supervising) experience at the college/university level;
- Active Record of professional development for teachers in grades K-12;
- Experience teaching (or supervising) in a virtual environment
: A review applications continues on a rolling basis as teaching positions open. Deadline is June 30, 2021 to be fully considered for Fall 2021 hiring. Job Announcement for 2021-2022 Academic Year closing date is March 1, 2022.
Complete an online application at https://careers.fresnostate.edu,
search for the appropriate Job Announcement, Create an Applicant Profile, or Login if you have already have an Applicant Profile, and attach the following materials:
- Cover letter addressing a statement of interest, qualifications and experience, and list of courses you are interested in teaching,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Names and contact information of at least three professional references - the committee will request current letters of recommendation, do not attach,
- Statement on diversity addressing a brief explanation of your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; and reflecting your past or present day contributions for promoting diversity, inclusion and social justice in one's professional career. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help Fresno State contribute to its mission in these areas,
- Copies of unofficial transcripts from all relevant educational programs.
contact Dr. Imelda Basurto, Chair, E-mail: [email protected]
.The position advertised will remain open until filled
. Interviews may follow. Qualified applicants not hired at this time will remain in this pool for future consideration.About the Campus
California State University, Fresno, is a forward-looking and diverse institution located in California's Central Valley, known for its agriculture, reasonable housing costs, cultural diversity, and proximity to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada.
The Fresno State campus sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokuts and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land.
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect, and ethical behavior, please visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
The campus is ranked 24th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges.Fresno State's Principles of Community
These Principles were developed collaboratively by faculty, staff, and administrators. They exemplify what we aspire to be. Find out more about our Principles of Community at: https://fresnostate.edu/president/strategic-plan/principles-of-community.htmlWe all play a role in fostering an inclusive work and learning environment of respect, kindness, collaboration, and accountability where every member of the student body, faculty, staff, and administration can thrive. Our Principles of Community reflect our core values of Discovery, Diversity, and Distinction as well as our deep commitment to our mission "to boldly educate and empower students for success."Our Students
California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.Other Campus Information
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml.
Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/499427/temporary-faculty-pool-literacyearlybilingualspecial-education
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency