COLLEGE READINESS COORDINATOR
Number of Vacancies:
College Access & K-12 Partners
Scope of Job:
Provide guidance to program participants on academic or other areas relating to the program to ensure academic preparedness and college success. Plan, implement, and evaluate intentional services to meet program goals and objectives intended to promote academic achievement and post-secondary success.
Description of Duties:
• Provides information and support to assist students and families/guardians in completing essential post-secondary transition processes such as: guidance on college planning, college entrance and placement exams, submitting college applications, applying for financial aid, and college selection.
• Coordinates the student recruitment process by interviewing, evaluating, and selecting eligible program participants.
• Monitors and assesses student academic progress in collaboration with school personnel to provide services aligned with student needs.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates enrichment opportunities such as summer programming, conferences, workshops, college visits, educational field trips, service learning, and other appropriate activities. Proposes new programs to leadership as identified beneficial.
• Coordinates tutoring/mentoring services designed to increase academic achievement and promote transition to post-secondary education.
• Collects and maintains participant and program level data for use in reporting.
• Provides information and support services to students in collaboration with school administration, counselors and instructional staff.
• Provides opportunities for students to enhance social and emotional learning competencies such as positive decision making, self-concept development, resiliency, and conflict resolution.
• Acts as the liaison between the program and parents, school personnel, and post-secondary institutions for implementation of program services.
• Conducts student and parent workshops on a variety of topics to ensure college readiness of students and families/guardians.
• Based on area of assignment hires, trains, and supervises tutors/mentors in coordination with the supervisor.
• Participates in other program related assigned duties.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of experience working in K-12 or Higher Education performing duties related to the job duties listed above, including experience in college readiness programs, post-secondary awareness and outreach, student recruitment/retention, or other student program or academic support services in K-12 or university setting.
Experience with program evaluation, partnership development, and objectives-based programming.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and some periods of frequent evening and weekend programming. In addition, summer work and programming may be extensive.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Ability to interact in a professional manner with university and school district personnel, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills working with students and families. Independent decision making and problem-solving ability. Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities.
Commensurate with experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28735
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency