PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE I - Communication Center
Number of Vacancies:
Rio Grande Valley
School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for handling in-coming patient telephone calls, schedules appointments, providing accurate patient information, and all other front desk functions. Observes customer service standards at all times in dealing with patients and upholds the Clinic's mission in providing quality service ensuring patient satisfaction.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for answering incoming calls in a professional, timely manner based on Clinic standards and protocols.
• Welcomes incoming patients and visitors in person or on the telephone and listens responsively to patient concerns or complaints and provides or seeks appropriate remedies.
• Schedules appointments accurately maximizing practitioner’s time and making sure that the patient is placed in the appropriate appointment template for their medical needs or request. When unable to assist the patient, makes sure that the patient is directed to the appropriate staff for an efficient resolution of their medical needs.
• Transfers and or directs calls to appropriate departments.
• Answers routine questions regarding clinic services and appointment related information on directs unrelated questions to appropriate clinic staff.
• Ensures that patient’s appointments are processed accurately and in a timely manner by confirming or canceling appointments in accordance with Clinic policies and procedures.
• Obtains, documents and verifies insurance, Medicaid/Medicare and any other type of benefits and documents in the patients chart accurate patient demographic information required as per Clinic policies and procedures.
• May collect copays and fees for balances due on the account and complete all batching of patient encounters daily.
• Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
• May be required to provide coverage at other clinical sites as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise of assigned support staff.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year of medical clerical experience providing customer service and/or medical records experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Position locations for Edinburg and Harlingen. Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office/Clinical Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. May be exposed to airborne illnesses when coming in contact with patients. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Tact, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality of medical information required in all matters.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29035
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency