Postdoctoral Researcher - (HHS) Health and Human Services
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Postdoctoral Researchers support teams of KSU faculty and students (undergraduate and graduate students), which engage with external collaborators from other universities, community members, government agencies, and/or private sector entities to stimulate innovation, capacity-building, and sustainability of research and scholarly activity at KSU.This position is grant funded. Continued employment is contingent upon the availability of grant funding. Responsibilities
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and executes experimental activities, data analyses, submission of reports or of manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attendance and presentation of research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination
- Develops and contributes to new ideas for research proposals and directions within the research group
- Develops an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in collaboration with faculty mentor
- Generates revenue by securing grants and participates in departmental and institutional career development programs, such as grant writing workshops
- Prepares project budget and ensures funded project operates within budget guidelines
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with institutional policies, and federal, state and local regulations
- Establishes working relationships and cooperative arrangements with internal and external partners
- Engages in research and publication
- Responsible for teaching qualified courses and may include lecture and/or laboratory components, as assigned
1. Conducts interdisciplinary research regarding social determinants of health, health disparities, and implementation science
2. Provides guidance on research methodology and mixed study methods, including program evaluation
3. Coordinates and plans interdisciplinary grant proposal preparation and submission
4. Presents and publishes research
5. Leads and mentors student researchers
6. Provides a direction for implementation science research Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Ph.D. from an accredited institution of higher education Preferred Qualifications
No job description available Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously to meet assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Demonstrated ability to carry out independent and collaborative research on a team of faculty and students with the ability to meet deliverables and milestones
Demonstrated creative and proactive approach towards problem solving
Knowledge of and experience in general analytical methods development and good analytical practices
Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the fieldSKILLS
Outstanding proposal and paper writing skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Refer to the department specific Research Addendum for additional KSA informationDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*: Ph.D. in Health Promotion and Behavior, Public Health, Health Policy, or related field
Must have published peer-reviewed articles
Must have interest in mixed methods research methodology (community-based participatory research, program evaluation) and statistics (longitudinal data analyses, multilevel modeling, social and geospatial epidemiology)
Need to demonstrate proficiency in implementation science, particularly in the areas of social determinants and health disparities research
Must have excellent organizational skills for organizing and leading research teams and proposal development and preparation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=227673&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency