Executive Director, GYSTC
Leads the Georgia Youth Science & Technology Centers (GYSTC), Inc. non-profit statewide organization which provides science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs to improve the teaching-learning process for teachers and students at the kindergarten through eighth grade levels across the state of Georgia. Responsible to, advises and works with the GYSTC Board of Directors on all significant matters of the organization's operations and leads the organization in manner which fulfills the GYSTC mission. Works with the GYSTC Board of Directors, staff and regional GYSTC centers' coordinators and local boards of directors to implement, enhance and expand, as appropriate GYSTC programs serving teachers and students. Works with a diverse group of influential stakeholders including legislative, governmental, business and community groups to assure that GYSTC leverages resources and implements policies to meet the organization's goals. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Assure organization's goals are met through strategic planning, budgeting, program development and sound stakeholder relationships
- Assure GYSTC financial performance and viability through appropriate fiscal policies and controls and effective fundraising that leverages adequate resources to meet organizational goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including Board of Regents, Technical College System of Georgia, Department of Educational, Georgia General Assembly, Kennesaw State University, host educational partners of all regional GYSTC centers and programs, regional GYSTC centers, regional center boards of directors, STEM teachers, students and parents
- Develop, implement and monitor organization's program offerings to assure they meet the needs of Georgia's teachers and students as well as Board of Regents, GA Department of Education and Local Education Agencies assessment protocols
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement both for the organization and for the programs offered
- Provide effective management and supervision of both professional and administrative staff
- Coordinate services provided by the contracted or outside consultants
- Participate in policy activities affecting STEM education in Georgia
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher educationOther Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's licenseRequired Experience
Ten (10) years of comparable or related experience leading an organization Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Extensive leadership, non-profit management and supervisory skills
Effective interpersonal skills and ability to establish cooperative relationships across business, legislature, governmental and community organizations
Sound financial management skills
Ability to act independently and proactively to develop innovative solutions and approaches to meet the goals of the organizationPreferred Educational Qualifications
Masters Degree from an accredited institution of higher education Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Effective knowledge of marketing techniques and protocols
Knowledge of State of Georgia educational programs and policies especially involving STEM program areasSKILLS
Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Negotiation and conflict management skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=228486&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency