Associate Dean, Student Affairs
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Oversees all Student Life functions, units, and programs and is responsible for the department of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (SCAI). Participates in the development and administering of policies related to crisis management and problem resolution, supports students, families and other individuals of concern within the university community. Responsibilities
1. Administration, supervision, budget management, and daily oversight of all Student Life units, which include Student Activities, Student Organizations, Student Media, Student Center Operations, and Fraternity and Sorority Life
2. Oversees and supervises the department of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
3. Coordinates accommodations for students involved in cases, including, but not limited to Title IX related concerns
4. Oversees planning for university-wide theme week programming, such as Homecoming and Week of Welcome, working collaboratively with multiple internal and external partners
5. Participates in the activities of the Behavioral Response Team (BRT)
6. Oversees related protocols and processes, such as Administrative Emergency Withdrawals and Admission Reviews, supervises the efforts of the staff who support these processes
7. Directs program calendar coordination, including integration of data management systems and marketing/promotional efforts related to Student Life units
8. Provides strategic planning and on-going assessment initiatives related to Student Life units
9. Develops, implements, maintains, and supports professional development and training for department staff
10. Oversees outreach activities with various on and off campus partners, including serving on various committees representing Student Life and/or the Office of the Dean of Students
11. Represents Kennesaw State University on the University System of Georgia Regents Advisory Council for Student Life (RACSL)
12. Produces reports and conducts periodic assessment of policies, protocols and other related functions
13. Advises the Student Government Association, and assists SGA with coordination of related duties, such as appointments to SABAC and other university committees
14. Supports broader functions of the Office of the Dean of Students as needed, including assisting in case investigation and/or adjudication particularly related to organizational misconduct and/or appeals
15. Maintains contact with Counseling and Psychological Services, University Police and Public Safety, Title IX, Office of Victim Services, Housing and Residence Life, Student Conduct and Academic Integrity, Provost's office, Student Advocacy, Health Services, Disability Services, Legal Affairs, and external resources
16. Contacts and consults with Human Resources when cases arise involving employees
17. Supervises the daily functions and assigned staffRequired Qualifications Educational Requirements
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Higher Education or related fieldRequired Experience
Five (5) years of related full-time work experience in higher education/student affairs Preferred Qualifications Preferred Educational Qualifications
Terminal degree (PhD or EdD) in Higher Education or related fieldPreferred Experience
Seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in related field
Direct experience of problem resolution in a higher education setting and understanding of student development theories
Direct experience with creation of student life policy/procedure and oversight for student life functions within a public institution of higher education Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of university resources and support systems, along with relevant legal/policy issues to assess, refer, evaluate, and interpret complex circumstances
Demonstrated success in planning, coordinating, and completing large scale, detail-oriented projects, programs, and initiatives, including policy and procedure review/development
Able to strategically and sensitively convey difficult information and determine outcome options, with an eye toward maximizing educational opportunities consistent with university philosophy
Able to multitask and be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced work environment
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Strong supervision, strategic planning, and follow up skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=228549&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency