Job no: 494043
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Human Resources
The Senior HR Director will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and drive a strategy that encourages innovation, learning and cross-cultural collaboration. The Senior Director of Human Resources will develop and lead a team of highly skilled business partners to elevate the level of professionalism, service delivery and strategic partnership among the HR team and the Butler community. Specifically, this position will lead the talent acquisition, HR operations, engagement and HRIS divisions within the department establishing standards of performance and service excellence with a shared sense of purpose that aligns with Butler’s mission and strategic commitments.
Serve as a strategic leader and change agent to drive and implement the desired behavioral and organizational goals across the community, aligned with Butler’s strategic commitments: Relevance: Ensure Butler’s programs and experiences are inclusive of the academic, social, and career needs of future learners. Value: Maximize the return on investment in a Butler education through exceptional focus on both access and outcomes. Distinction: Develop and enhance programs and experiences of distinction. Innovation: Develop and grow new educational and business models that address the future of higher education and drive long-term stability and success for the University. Effectiveness: Develop and support the organizational capabilities and capacity necessary to enable a culture of innovation and an effective organization.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop the role of HR consultants as strategic business partners learning the business and providing strong, proactive partnership to align talent strategy to meet department goals and Butler's objectives.
- Partner with campus leadership through strong strategic partnerships to enable an inclusive, innovative and purpose driven culture.
- Review and refresh core human resource functions in collaboration with stakeholders and aligned with best practice and state and federal laws to develop innovate approaches to recruiting, managing, retaining and developing a highly qualified, committed and diverse workforce.
- Lead process improvement activities within HR to eliminate non-value added work and perpetuate best practices including serving as a lead partner in HRIS implementation.
- Master's Degree and least five (5) years of full-time progressively responsible experience in a dynamic and complex professional setting.
- Experience managing and building a high performing, relationship centered, purpose driven team
- Ability to prioritize, organize projects and lead through collaboration from inception to completion
- Demonstrated experience on gaining consensus, collaboration, managing change, new program development, project management and on-going success
- Ability to have a strategic lens while working through the details
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Ability to effectively communicate, coach and mentor
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: June 15, 2021
Applications close: August 02, 2021