Marist College seeks a technology-focused, strategic, and data-driven Executive Director of Enrollment Services & Systems. The Executive Director will join a dynamic and innovative team in enrollment management and play a critical leadership role in four mission-critical areas:
1. Leverage technology to improve processes and create efficiency.
2. Partner with other senior leaders within the Enrollment Management division to create effective enrollment strategies through the use of data analytics.
3. Partner with Admissions and Marketing to increase lead/application generation in all markets by improving the overall student journey throughout the enrollment funnel using technology and superior customer service.
4. Manage the Admission Call Center to increase leads and drive enrollment.
The Executive Director will manage a comprehensive and innovative enrollment technology strategy prioritizing technology integrations within the Admission Office including CRMs, Salesforce and Liaison. The ideal candidate is a highly effective verbal and written communicator with the ability to interpret technical requirements and communicate operational issues to internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas of the College. The ideal candidate is a strong collaborator that has advanced technical expertise and analytical skills with the ability to leverage technology to enhance and improve processes to support institutional goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology, information systems, computer science or related field
• Previous management experience
• Minimum of 7 years working with systems and technology required (higher education, admissions and enrollment management a strong add on bonus)
• Experience working with digital documents and document systems, System integration, and CRM
• Master’s degree in computer science, computer science, information systems, or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in technology, admissions, enrollment management, information systems or other related field.
• Extensive previous management experience
• Experience working with digital documents and document systems, system integration, CRM (Salesforce), and Oracle
• Provide operational and technology leadership in support of enrollment area operations, reporting, marketing, market research and communication. Manage all enrollment inquiry and application processing, as it relates to document and data input, output, import, export, process, evaluation, and dissemination. Develop, use, and provide ongoing maintenance for all related data collection and extraction methods, processes, structures, integration, reporting and analysis. Serve as primary liaison with the College’s Institutional Research and Information Technology departments, as well as external enrollment technology vendors.
• Lead (in very close collaboration with the College’s Information Technology division) in the assessment, design, development, and implementation of enrollment area technologies, including administrative databases, document systems, and customer relationship management tool(s). Implement and manage administrative, database, and digital document systems and processes that provide the institution with well-organized, inclusive, visible and strategic data that enables it to function effectively and strategically.
• Oversee a data analytics operation which provides real time data through dashboards to enrollment leadership as well as disaggregated data to territory managers. The data analytics team will utilize a variety of analytical tools and learn how to manage and manipulate data, create data visualizations, and make strategic data-driven recommendations to influence marketing and enrollment.
• Manage a highly effective customer service unit that focuses on meeting time sensitive deadlines, and creates a positive recruitment and admission experience for prospective students, parents, and school counselors. Provide oversight to, and administration of, a newly developed seven day a week call center, which handles all incoming calls as well as initiates thousands of outbound calls to prospective students. Overall management of customer telephone and email reception; provide customer service to callers and emailers.
• Manage administrative and clerical staff within the Enrollment Services Department. Provide training and development opportunities as necessary. Ensure documentation of all policies and procedures for the office.
Required Application Documents:
Cover Letter, Resume, & Three Professional References
About Marist College:
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
Compensation & Benefits
The Executive Director of Enrollment Services & Systems position includes a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package*. Benefits for this position include but are not limited to the following:
· 3 weeks of paid vacation. 4 weeks of paid vacation beginning in the 6th year of employment.
· Unlimited paid sick time and unlimited paid personal time for use at the supervisor’s approval.
· 14+ paid holidays per year.
· Medical, Dental & Vision insurance programs at a 15% employee / 85% employer contribution rate. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Care (FSD).
· Life Insurance
· Generous short-term and long-term disability programs and workers compensation.
· 403(b) defined contribution plan:
o First 6 years College contributes 7.5%, Employee contributes a mandatory 4%.
o College contribution increases to 10.5% in year 7, and 12% after 15 years.
o Employee contribution decreases to 1% in year 7. Remains 1% thereafter
• 403(b) Tax Deferred Annuity – Roth option available. Voluntary, up to IRS maximum contribution.
• Tuition Benefits:
o Up to 16 undergraduate credits per semester. Up to 18 graduate credit per academic calendar. Eligibility extends to employee, spouse, and dependent children under age 26.
o College pays 100% tuition only
o Eligible dependents may be Reimbursed up to $2,000 per semester towards tuition at another accredited institution
*Eligibility requirements including waiting periods and/or employee probationary periods may apply at the discretion of the College.
Marist College main campus, Poughkeepsie, NY
Please note: The primary work location for this position is Poughkeepsie, NY. On-campus operations are currently restricted due to New York State guidelines. Initial interviews will be conducted virtually. Finalists will be invited to campus for in-person interviews in accordance with the College’s guest policy. Local, on-campus work in Poughkeepsie, NY will be required as a condition of employment.
It is College policy to reimburse eligible newly hired full-time administrative staff members for reasonable expenses incurred in relocating to the area. To be eligible for reimbursement, new employees must move a minimum of 50 miles from their present home; must move within the first year of hire. Generally, the College will reimburse eligible moving and relocating expenses up to $7,000.
Equal Employment Statement:
Marist College is committed to creating a diverse workforce on our campus by ensuring that barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. To this end, the College will strive to achieve the full and fair participation of minorities, women, people with disabilities, and any other protected groups found to be under-represented.
Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes persons in one of these protected groups. The College will review its employment policies and procedures to ensure that barriers which may unnecessarily exclude protected groups are identified and eliminated. The College will also explore alternative approaches if any policy or practice is found to have a negative impact on protected groups.
Marist's policy of non-discrimination includes not only employment practices but also extends to all services and programs provided by the College. It shall be considered a violation of College policy for any member of the community to discriminate against any individual or group with respect to employment or attendance at Marist College on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition established by law.