Community Program Coordinator Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in health related field and one year of experience in health education, public health, or community related activities.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Team building capabilities
Experience in field of health education and outreach
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking and presentation skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality; exercise sound judgement; and make responsible decisions
Ability to complete work and meet deadlines and work independently with minimal to moderate supervisionPreferred Qualifications
- Experience involving public or community health and/or community outreach
- Working knowledge of principles of child/adult learning theory desirable
- Experience in program implementations in community settings
Responsibilities This position will assist with developing, coordinating, and conducting programs administered by the Office of Cancer Information and Awareness (OCIA) including outreach and services in support of the Georgia Cancer Center's Office of Cancer Information and Awareness. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in coordination of programs implemented by the OCIA and includes outreach to community organizations and groups for cancer prevention, risk reduction and screening information. Identify and represent the Cancer Center on programmatic priorities at local and regional community events including health fairs, festivals, meetings and conferences. Establish an annual events calendar and maintain metrics to track all aspects of program outcomes.
- Assist the Office of Cancer Information and Awareness. Participate in expanding program development and facilitation of ongoing and future programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F; Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Pay Grade: 14 Salary: $36,197/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.