The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 33 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
This position will be responsible for the daily management, promotion and operation of Ritchie Center Fitness and Wellness Programs for the University community and Ritchie Center members; including oversight of the following responsibilities including, without limitation; sales ($250,000+), program scheduling, marketing and program promotion, human resources, group fitness, virtual fitness, personal training, nutrition coaching, wellness coaching, wellness education, in-body assessments, certifications, special events, and related programs and operations. This position delivers an exceptional customer experience to all visitors of the Ritchie Center through managing the front line interactions that customers will have. These include parking, facility entry and access, transaction experience, facility quality, communication, safety, and servicing each customer's needs.
Exceptional Student/Ritchie Center Member/Participant Experience
- Create a Culture of Service Above Self & Student/Member/Participant Development.
- Monitor Participant Satisfaction.
- Handle Inquiries, Concerns and Complaints.
Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Advance Fitness and Wellness through programs and services that promotes a holistic experience.
Coors Fitness Center Operations
- Maintain Daily Venue Operations.
- Maintain Facility Equipment.
- Manage Fitness and Wellness Equipment Inventory.
- Develop & Implement Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines for Coors Fitness Center and Studios.
- Promote Workplace Performance.
- Manage Fitness and Wellness Staffing Requirements.
- Manage Fitness and Wellness Programs Staff.
- Coach Staff.
- Conduct Performance Reviews.
- Ensure that team members have clear goals, objectives, and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate communication skills listening, speaking, and writing.
- Effectively communicate with the team.
- Conduct meetings.
- Make decisions.
- Manage time.
- Support Organizational Change.
- Encourage inter-departmental collaboration.
- Exhibit Professionalism.
- Manage with ethics and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- 1 year of program management, operations or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of program management, operations or related experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Position will be required to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, nights, and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, July 1, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $53,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.