The Office of the Chancellor at the University of Denver is currently seeking a part-time position to support the Chancellor's outreach to students and student organizations. The position is a non-benefited, 10-month, term limited role that begins in September of 2021.
The Special Assistant for Student Engagement will be chiefly responsible for identifying ways and opportunities for the Chancellor to engage with various student organizations and leaders, stay in touch with student groups, and will actively advise the Chancellor on student perspectives and trends. Additionally, the special assistant will support the Chancellor or members of his cabinet as requested, including active engagement with the evolution of the 4D initiative. The special assistant will work closely with the Chief of Staff and other members of the Chancellor's Office team. The special assistant must have an interest in higher education and support institutional initiatives. Recent graduates of the University of Denver are especially encouraged to apply.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Serve as liaison with student community; stay informed regarding emerging issues on campus.
- Assist with identifying ways to engage with students more broadly.
- Provide input and support for 4D initiatives as it evolves; attend key meetings.
- Assist with Social Media accounts.
- Staff student events/meetings (take notes of key issues addressed, track any follow up):
- Assist with gathering agendas, necessary information, etc.
- Assist with any logistics.
- Assist with research on ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate.
- Strong communications skills.
- Discrete and desire to be a part of a team supporting institutional efforts.
- Ability and willing to hear divergent perspectives and summarize objectively.
- Calm and steady demeanor will be important.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- Strong sense of professionalism.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 5.
The hourly range for this position is $20.00 - $22.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, June 25, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.