Job no: 495764About Us:
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management, Development
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position manages quarterly readiness testing which involves other Campus Offices prior to Oracle patch sets being applied. The Testing Manager is looking for ways to improve quarterly readiness testing through automation, process improvement, and planning.Department Overview:
University Financial Services (UFS) is a unit within the Division of Finance and Administration. You will be joining an intentionally built culture with a strategic focus. The team follows the Enterprise Operating System (EOS) to drive results. All members of UFS are involved.
UFS's value words are:
- Team Oriented: understands the dynamics of the team and works cohesively to accomplish a common goal.
- Gets Things Done: prioritizes tasks and achieves the end goal.
- Continuous Improvement: intentional commitment to making things better every day.
- Ethical: honesty and integrity guides personal and professional behavior and judgment.
- Adaptable: adjusts to change, being flexible, versatile and cooperative.
- Problem Solver: identifies and understands the interrelated components of an issue and seeks to implement solutions.
- Respect: demonstrates care, concern and consideration for the perspective, needs and feelings of others.
Hybrid Remote or on-site options are available with this opportunity!Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. Essential Functions:
The Testing Manager will:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Manage quarterly readiness testing in collaboration with cross-departmental areas. Maintain pre and post-testing activities.
- Send out communication to cross-departmental teams prior to testing so they are prepared for quarterly testing activities. Conduct a kickoff orientation meeting prior to testing to remind testers of expectations of testing and what their responsibilities are during testing.
- Main contact for testers during testing to resolve security-related issues and remove roadblocks for testers to proceed with testing.
- Follow up with system analysts in the Office of Continuous Improvement on failed tests to ensure they are remediated and retested prior to patch being applied in production.
- Manage testing metrics and send out daily communication to the management team.
- Prepare communication drafts to thank testers for participating in readiness testing which is sent out by senior leadership. Conduct retrospective to receive feedback on ways to improve readiness testing and continue to keep the things that are working.
- Look for ways to be innovative and improve the quarterly readiness testing. This may include automating test scenarios where applicable utilizing Selenium scripts.
- Prepares and works with cross-departmental areas to manage test scripts. Conducts an annual meeting with cross-departmental areas to review and improve the test plan where applicable.
- Manages projects and develops project plans of overall process improvement activities including projected tasks, assignments, due dates, dependencies, accomplishments and anticipated needs.
- Provides follow-up to monitor the progress of tasks and assignments to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected outcomes.
- Uses appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document progress.
- Assists in locating and reserving meeting locations and coordinating the delivery of service and materials necessary for successful meetings.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to take ownership and complete assigned tasks.
- Must maintain a professional attitude amidst difficult and stressful times and demonstrate a sense of ethics while performing daily tasks.
- Must possess a curious mindset and be innovative to propose opportunities to improve testing.
- Must be customer service-oriented.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and have excellent time management skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Salary starting at $52,000 and commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Advertised: June 16, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: July 7, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time