Job no: 495757About Us:
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Customer Service, Student Services
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is the key liaison between the Communications and Recruitment teams. This position creates all events in the CRM system, edits/creates event communication, oversees event logistics, creates/edits presentation slides, and plans the delivery of event materials. Level Scope:
This position will also coordinate large, on-campus programming.
This position is often the first point of contact with future students and families, which requires extensive knowledge of university staff, academic and student life programs, and policies, as well as a positive attitude and commitment to higher education. Additionally, the Senior Admissions Counselor position is responsible for promoting Boise State to prospective students and families through individual advising appointments, recruitment events, and presenting to small and large groups.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
1. Act as the Recruitment Team Communication Specialist (35%)
- Serve as the liaison between the Communication and Recruitment team to assess needs of both teams and foster communication.
- Assist Admissions with overall event details and logistics.
- Create and edit presentation slides.
- Effectively communicate university policies to staff; ensure that staff understand and can also articulate university policy to students.
- Continuously review our CRM for improvements and ways to increase efficiencies of the Recruitment team.
- Review event communication analytics in order to assist the team with improving engagement.
- Create recruitment events in CRM system and set up event communication.
2. Event Planning and Management (25%)
- Assist in the planning, coordination and logistics of large, on-campus programming.
- Manage flow of information; including regular communications and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Critically analyze evaluations to continually improve events moving forward.
- Plan and execute timely, and cost-effective delivery of event materials.
- Provide leadership in the ongoing development of effective and high-quality recruitment events; including accurately assessing needs, researching best practices nationally and implementing new strategies in collaboration with immediate supervisor.
3. General Admissions Counselor Duties (20%)
- Counsel, advise and maintain positive contact with prospective students and families regarding admission requirements, financial aid and scholarships, and campus life.
- Analyze and evaluate the needs of the prospective students, accurately assess admissions criteria, determine appropriate information and referral, exercise discretion to resolve issues, then to tailor the message to fit each unique situation
- Be fully informed of Boise State admission policies and procedures and be able to clearly and specifically communicate the intricacies of the process to prospective students.
- Promote Boise State to prospective students and families in order to meet enrollment goals set by the University.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community groups, high school contacts, parents, and Boise State student organizations and staff.
- Represent Boise State at recruitment events, college fairs, high school and community college visits, and individual meetings.
- Travel throughout Idaho and out-of-state recruitment territories, to be determined.
4. Functional/Technical (15%)
- Effectively use University data systems in order to provide high quality customer service.
- Be a power user of PeopleSoft, Perceptive Content, and the Admissions CRM in order to meet general Admission Counselor and communication duties.
- Remain current in knowledge and understanding of National Association for College Admission
- Counseling (NACAC) best practices, and state of Idaho policies. Specific examples include: FERPA (Family Rights and Privacy Act) and State Board of Education policies.
- Remain current on best practices in the delivery of service to prospective students and guests.
- Remain current on enhancements made to existing technology and emerging technologies in those areas that impact job responsibilities.
- Use Microsoft Office programs, Google, etc. to support the delivery of customer service.
6. General Responsibilities (5%)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Complete special assignments assigned by the Assistant Director of Recruitment.
● Demonstrated ability in providing quality customer serviceMinimum Qualifications:
● Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
● Ability to work in an automated environment
● Previous experience with PeopleSoft, Slate, and an imaging system preferred.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
● Ability to understand and follow university and state guidelines
● Supervisory skills
● Knowledge of Boise State academic programs and student life areas
● Customer service, diplomacy, marketing
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experiencePreferred Qualifications:
Preferred: 3 years experience in higher education (Enrollment Services office preferred)Salary and Benefits:
$48,000, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Resume, cover letter, and three references
Advertised: June 14, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: June 28, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time