: Fleishman Center for Career and Professional DevelopmentLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 15, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-time TemporaryRef. No.:
: 15936Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Career Planning and Development Associate (SL-2)
Salary: $24,900 (Part-time 50%, temporary for 12 months)
The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development has been recognized globally as an Exemplary Career Center for providing comprehensive career services to undergraduate and graduate students at Binghamton University. The Fleishman Center seeks to prepare students for success in a global society through early career engagement and exploration, career and internship education and resources, employer and alumni engagement opportunities, and strong campus partnerships. The Fleishman Center is also committed to creating an inclusive and anti-racist culture through ongoing training, professional development and open and inclusive dialogue with students, staff, faculty and partners. We have established a Diversity and Social Justice Working Group to continue leading future activities and to develop an anti-racist action plan for the Fleishman Center.
The Jewish Foundation for Education and Women (JFEW) Leadership and Career Development Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the programmatic elements of the JFEW programs with primary responsibility for the 4-year JFEW Leadership and Career Development program. The goals of the 4-year program are "(i) engagement in a variety of activities and experiences to build knowledge about self, academic majors, and careers and subsequent use of resources obtained through academic courses, advising, and mentoring programs to develop and shape career goals; (ii) building relationships with faculty, professional staff, mentors, and employers who can help facilitate Scholars' academic professional, and personal development; and, (iii) creating connection and community with other JFEW scholars. The Program Coordinator administers the program within the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development and serves as primary liaison to the JFEW International Relations program led by SUNY.
- Develop a cohort-based framework where scholars can build relationships with each other and reflect on their activities during seminars and workshops.
- Plan and implement Career Development Workshops and career consulting services in partnership with Fleishman Center staff and University partner offices.
- Act as the main point-of-contact for all Scholar communication including, but not limited to: scheduling, attendance, assignments, Scholar contract requirements, GPA issues, etc.
- Instruct online courses, CDCI 200 Bridging Academics to Careers and CDCI 395 Academic Internship for JFEW Scholars, which requires a Master's degree.
- Liaison to SUNY for JFEW Program in International Relations and Global Affairs, a two-year scholarship program for female Binghamton University students entering their Junior Year.
- Prepare the Annual and Financial reports in partnership with the Development Office, Financial Aid and Student Records, and the Binghamton University Foundation.
- Partner with Fleishman Center budget manager to track and reconcile expenses budgeted in the program.
- Coordinate the semester verification report process with Development Office and JFEW, ensuring timely communication between partners.
- Guide recruitment efforts for both programs.
- Master's degree
- Evidence of commitment to college student success
- Demonstrated experience working cooperatively and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including students, donors, staff and faculty with diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and operational skills to effectively manage all aspects program administration
- Must share core values of campus collaboration, high ethical standards and dedication to what is best for students, employers and Binghamton University
- Proficiency in analytical and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other common office software)
- Master's Degree in education, social science, or a related field
- Experience coordinating a grant-funded program
- Preferred knowledge of a career management and higher education systems, such as Handshake and Banner.
- Self-starting, creative professional with the ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships and adapt to change while handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 29, 2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.