: Springfield, MAPosted:
: Jun 16, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 2973Position ID:
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
Provide direct athletic health care services to designated varsity student athletes (and club sport athletes when appropriate). Including assessment of athletic-related conditions; establishing plan of care; providing rehabilitation; assist with preventative treatment for future encounters; making referrals to Dexter Health Services, team physicians, and Dexter Counseling Services through the Head Athletic Trainer.
Assist students with health care needs and concerns by providing resources, guidance, and referral to appropriate health care providers.
Supervise and conduct the direct coverage of athletic training services during athletic practices and contests to assigned team, including traveling when designated.
Assist in implementing policies and procedures for the effective operation of the athletic training facilities and services.
Assist in conducting the athletic health screenings for all student athletes.
Assist in conducting athletic injury prevention strategies by developing and/or collaborating on the physical and mental training and conditioning program offered by the Athletic Department.
Maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality regarding student-athletes' medical, insurance, and academic records.
Communicate effectively with coaches, athletes, students, staff, faculty, parents, and others as necessary regarding the participation status for student-athletes.
Perform required record keeping for designated students, including, injury, treatment, and progress notes.
Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training facilities and equipment.
Keep up-to-date on current developments in the athletic training methods and technology.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's Degree in Athletic Training
- Required Field of Expertise: Athletic Training
- Required Training/Cert: Credential by BOC, Inc.; credential in emergency cardiac care
- Required Licensure(s): Athletic Trainer licensure (or eligible) by Commonwealth of MA Board of Registration in Allied Health
- Knowledge of Athletic Training and skills beyond minimal level of qualification
- Able to manage medical situations and instruct others to assist in calm manner
- Understand and utilize basic computer functions such as word processing, spreadsheets, internet search, and web-based patient medical records management
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including nights and weekends, as well as some overnight travel
- Physical ability to bend, twist, reach, run, and lift at least 40 lbs
This is a full time, exempt level, benefits eligible position. This position requires a non-traditional schedule to meet the needs of students and teams, including early morning, evening and weekend hours; as well as some overnight travel throughout the academic year.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.