Job no: 508846
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: VC-Enrollment Management
Pay Grade: 34
Date opened: 15 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
The Director of Enrollment Information and Analytics reports to the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management and provides both operational reporting and analytical needs. As a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership Team, this individual is a thought partner in identifying, analyzing, and supporting division-wide goals. The incumbent must have knowledge of relational database concepts, data analysis and visualization, advanced research methods, and a broad comprehension of higher education, particularly the areas of enrollment, admissions and financial aid. This position is responsible for designing and writing reports, analyzing data, and summarizing information related to all aspects of enrollment management, including student recruitment, marketing, financial aid, student engagement and student success. The incumbent will lead the division in performance benchmarking and peer analysis. The Director of Enrollment Information and Analytics will extract data from multiple systems including PeopleSoft, Summit, our data warehouse, and our Salesforce CRM system. They will be required to use statistical and business intelligence tools to understand historical patterns and inform future strategies. This position requires a proactive, dynamic, enthusiastic, and creative individual who enjoys research, the management of multiple projects, and interaction with end-users who possess varying levels of data comprehension.
Examples of Duties:
- Serve as a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership Team and assist directors with various reporting requirements in support of division/department goals
- Create and maintain effective modeling of scenarios that measure the effectiveness of new initiatives;
- Isolate variables within enrollment strategies to determine the impact of individual efforts within a dynamic approach to enrollment management;
- Analyze marketing effectiveness and return on investment for diverse marketing strategies;
- Help identify new target markets for student recruitment efforts, advise on methods for capturing audiences within new markets, and identify best markets for intensive recruitment efforts;
- Analyze financial aid and merit scholarship strategies to inform effective distribution of funds, adherence to tuition discount and net revenue goals, and opportunities to minimize attrition due to student financial concerns;
- Oversee the divisions efforts to better understand direct competitors in the field by analyzing National Clearinghouse data for non-matriculated admits and withdrawn students to inform and support student recruitment, engagement, retention, and re-enrollment strategies;
- Recommend and implement enrollment-related survey instruments to better understand student experiences, likeliness to enroll, register, persist and succeed;
- Assist with analytical needs within and across Enrollment Management, including trend analysis, ad hoc reports and forecasting
- Produce executive-level reports and analysis
- Design appropriate maps, graphs and tables that provide visual representation to trends and initiatives;
- Serve on data, research and information technology- related campus and system-wide committees;
- Represent the VCEM/AVCEM at meetings and other events as requested;
- Serve as the liaison, within the division, with Institutional Research to ensure streamlined reporting efforts, compliance with Federal, state and institutional deadlines;
- Complete projects as assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management, or his/her designee, on an ongoing basis;
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Minimum of three –five years of relevant work experience. Demonstrated experience in quantitative research methodology and data analysis, including logistic regression is required. Strong background in applied use of various statistical tools (e.g., SPSS, SAS, SQL, SQR, Access, Excel) desired. Experience using data for strategic planning purposes is required. Experience working with complex files/tables and relational databases.
Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge of and experience with student information systems, preferably PeopleSoft;Experience in a multi-faceted Enrollment Management or Institutional Research office is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook) applications;
- Ability to design and retrieve data from databases;
- Ability to deal effectively in high stress situations;
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple projects and work independently with commitment to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated skill in planning and project management;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present reports based on analysis and to convey technical conclusions to a non-technical audience;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
Grade:34 associated with Grade 35
This is an exempt position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Applications close: 06 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time