Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Reports To: Event & Visit Manager
Position Summary: Manage all aspects of scheduling and coordinating both individual and group visits to campus, in addition to providing support during campus events. This would include the primary management of all visit requests, communication with students & parents before and after the visit, and coordinating the execution of the visit.
- Scheduling of individual student visits, working with others in Admissions and other departments as necessary.
- Assure that our guests are welcomed and hosted in a professional and gracious fashion.
- Be conversant in all North Park University programs and work to know who best to connect students with while they visit the campus.
- Communicate with coaches, faculty and others to ensure smooth transitions for students as they go to class, complete appointments, and other items on their visit.
- Work with groups from schools, churches and other organizations, when they request group visits to campus, implementing and communicating before and after the visit.
- In collaboration with Enrollment Systems Operations, assure individual visits are live, accurate and adjust as necessary.
- Manage the Office of Undergraduate Admissions Visit email inbox.
- Assist with managing the Office of Undergraduate Admissions general email inbox
- Print schedules to welcome campus visitors, update welcome sign daily, and manage the office music playlist.
- Develop and maintain evaluation process for individual and group visits, monitoring and updating processes based on guest feedback.
- Manage staff presentation schedule for campus visits.
- Create and manage student ambassador tour schedule.
- Occasionally, staff the Welcome Desk in Old Main, the central welcome space for the university, thus serving as the primary point person for greeting guests entering Old Main.
- Fulfill all subsequent duties at this time which includes (but is not limited to):
- Address all incoming phone calls and voicemails for the main admissions line to the appropriate person or departments on campus.
- Check-in guests for admissions visits
- Assist campus guests in finding their way through campus
- Support the Event & Visit Manager in the planning and implementation of events, including event preparation and set up, visitor transportation, and other needs.
- Address general admissions application questions (application process, account activation, reset password and unlock account).
- Maintain the neat and orderly presentation of conference rooms, lobby, and beverage center spaces in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Order and restock office supplies and beverage center supplies.
- Lead, participate in and contribute to work teams as assigned.
- Regular working hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:30 pm. Must also be available to work evenings and weekends as needed for events.
- Other tasks assigned as given by supervisor
- Personal commitment to and ability to effectively articulate North Park’s mission and philosophy of Christian higher education.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to prioritize and respond effectively to multiple demands.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Possess an aptitude for working with general office equipment: phone (voicemail), computers (e-mail, Internet), and copiers.
- Must possess a customer service oriented attitude.
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 lbs. at least 1 to 5 times per week.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Valid IL driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience using CRM software
- Recruitment experience preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish and English speaker
Effective Date: June 2021
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.