The Robert & Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts strives to provide the highest quality performing arts experiences for the University of Denver and the Colorado community. Each year the Newman Center for the Performing Arts hosts nearly 500 events serving more than 100,000 people from the community. The Newman Centers four stages feature performances of instrumental and vocal music from classical, alternative classical, jazz, pop, and countless world traditions, spoken theater, dance, and opera. Presenting an eclectic, innovative, and entertaining mix of emerging artists and seasoned performers, The Newman Center works to expand and enrich the community's cultural experiences.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications directs the Newman Centers overall marketing efforts, including the production of print and electronic advertising, social media content and collateral materials specific to promotion of ticket sales, concert attendance, fundraising, education, community engagement programs and other external relationships. In addition, this position oversees public relations strategy and communications and works to develop the Newman Center brand through strategic communications with the media, ticket buyers, donors and community constituents.
- Develops, implements and evaluates all marketing and publicity efforts for the Newman Center for the Performing Arts.
- Oversees the content creation and project management of Newman Center marketing and promotional collateral materials.
- Writes, edits and proofs ad copy for Newman Center print and electronic advertising.
- Interfaces with media outlets to ensure timely placement of all advertising.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop goals and success metrics for sales and publicity strategy.
- Manages e-marketing and regular communications with patrons and community.
- Oversees Newman Center web content and design.
- Oversees public relations strategy and implementation including communications with media, press releases and social media strategy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically and follow-through on operations with strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, team player who has the ability to work independently but also work well with others as part of a group.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent professional experience in marketing, public relations, journalism or comparable communications field.
- 3-5 years of marketing and/or public relations experience, to include experience supervising others at the manager level or above.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Previous professional experience with a performing arts organization.
- Previous professional experience in a university setting.
- Strong working knowledge of national trends in arts marketing.
- Experience working with digital media and creating video content.
- Creative, energetic and passionate about the performing arts.
Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week, exact schedule to be determined with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, July 2nd, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $58,000 - $63,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.