The Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts is a world-class, multi-venue performing arts center on the campus of the University of Denver, Home to the Lamont School of Music, The Newman Center hosts nearly 500 events annually. In addition to performances by Lamont students and faculty, the Newman Center is an in-demand performance venue for numerous rental clients including the Denver Post Pen and Podium Series, Friends of Chamber Music, Denver Brass, Wonderbound Dance, Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, Urban League of Denver, The CELL and many others. The Newman Center also presents nationally touring performing arts groups through its acclaimed series, Newman Center Presents. In addition, the Newman Center engages students, teachers and the community through its learning and community engagement programming.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director for the Newman Center for the Performing Arts. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will support general office functions for the entire Newman Center administrative staff.
Administrative support to the Executive Director
- Schedules and coordinates appointments and meetings.
- Greets guests, coordinates restaurant reservations for meetings and other related needs.
- Prepare meeting agendas and attend meetings/take minutes as needed.
- Assists with general inquiries about Newman Center operations.
- Processes expense reports and credit cards statements for Executive Director.
- Provide administrative office support to the Newman Center staff - monitors and maintains office supplies inventory.
- Assists all NCPA staff with office-related requests such as computer-related issues, access to DU networks, requests for office supplies, etc.
- Coordinates policies and procedures for general office-related functions.
- Place orders and arrange for delivery of concessions inventory and supplies.
- Assists with new employee onboarding including coordinating with supervisors regarding initial 2-week schedule, scheduling key meetings and orientation, setting up office work space, providing information about campus services, parking, etc.
- Provides minimal administrative support to other leadership team members with approval and guidance from the executive director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly organized, with the ability to work successfully with competing projects and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail but with the ability to process multiple requests and tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to quickly learn new administrative software platforms.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to manage sensitive confidential material in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working in an administrative position.
- Background in/enthusiasm for the performing arts.
- Expertise with Microsoft software (Teams, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years of experience in an administrative support role with the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience working for a performing arts organization or a non-profit.
This position will work 20 hours a week, exact schedule to be determined with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, July 1st, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 5.
The hourly range for the position is $18.00 - $21.00.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.