GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Database Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining database systems. Responsibilities also include monitoring and resolving internal database problems, using hierarchical or relational database management techniques. This position is governed by state and federal laws and institution policy. Arkansas State University – Beebe is seeking a DBA with a minimum of one year experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Excellent critical thinking aptitude.
2. Proven problem solving and analytic abilities.
3. Understanding of the technical architecture of the Ellucian Banner software suite,.
4. Verifiable experience supporting an Oracle database environment and related tools.
5. Demonstrated experience supporting the integration and maintenance of third-party applications that integrate with the Banner ERP. Examples include Touchnet, Automic, Evisions Intellecheck and learning management systems such as Blackboard or Canvas.
6. Experience with tools such as GIT, Ellucian Solution Manager (ESM), Application Navigator, Banner 9 Admin Pages and Self-Service and Ellucian Ethos Identity and Integration services.
7. Work independently, on a team, as a team lead, or in collaboration with others on Software development projects in a database environment.
8. Ability to troubleshoot database issues and offer effective solutions quickly and accurately.
9. A demonstrated understanding of application single sign-on for the Banner 9 release.
10. Ability to manage multiple complex and time sensitive projects simultaneously.
11. Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
12. Ability to organize and manage various tasks/projects under changing deadlines, including ability to reorganize priorities on a regular basis.
13. Ability to relate well with staff, faculty, students, administrators, and other IT staff.
14. Ability to work quickly and accurately, manage a diverse workload, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
15. Ability to successfully apply problem solving strategies to produce desired results for issues as they arise.
16. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
17. Provide support of the Oracle database and related tools.
18. Review and test updates and patches for the Banner ERP and related 3rd party products.
19. Provide senior technical leadership to assist with complex technical planning and task management for all the Ellucian Banner products.
20. Provide troubleshooting assistance with issues related to user logins and single sign on for Banner 9.
21. Assist in writing of scripts for data analysis/repair and/or integration to 3rd party software.
22. Writing of data reports for both one off and repeated use.
23. User training in Oracle database query.
24. Overnight travel may occasionally be required.
25. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Associate degree in information technology, computer science or a related field. A minimum of three years experience.