Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job Title
Building Services Worker Lead (S03065)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Building Services Worker Lead in the Facilities Operations Department. This is a bargaining, non-exempt position, grade 15. The work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00 pm – 6:30 am. Non-exempt positions are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. This is position is considered Essential Personnel.
Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
Under supervision and/or direction, incumbents in this job class are responsible for preparing the facilities for use by the College community. Lead, schedule, guide, review and inspect the work of building service workers assigned to the building as well as perform routine basic building maintenance, custodial, and other responsibilities. Contacts and interacts with the collegewide community, vendors, and the public, providing information, service, and assistance.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance and training to assigned staff engaged in performing building custodial work.
- Distribute work assignments, review, and inspect the work of building service workers.
- Perform standard custodial functions such as vacuum and shampoo carpets, sweep, mop and wax floors, clean tables, chairs, blackboards, and windows.
- Remove graffiti and trash (including bulk items) from buildings.
- Clean elevator cars and tracks, collect recycled aluminum and paper from designated points of collection.
- Removes trash, leaves, and other debris from walkways and drives.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Move/relocate office furniture, supplies, and other items. Identify and report items in need of repair. Clean, restock, and sanitize restrooms.
- Coordinate/conduct formal in-service and individual training.
- Respond to service requests.
- Monitor assigned areas to maintain cleanliness.
- Assist with special events such as the Annual Commencement.
- Perform essential lead snow removal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and any combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Two years of building custodial experience, and experience with office moves/relocations.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to instruct, train, and work cooperatively with others as well as communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Valid driver's license and evidence of a good driving record is required.
- Knowledge and application of procedures, and techniques of building custodial and/or janitorial work, tools, equipment, and materials used, and hazards/safety precautions.
- Knowledge and familiarity with institutional cleaning practices, cleaning chemicals, and their proper usage.
- Ability to use the tools, equipment and materials of the trade.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and the ability to perform minor repairs.
- Ability to be available and lead during weather emergency situations.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- At least one year of experience in green cleaning.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), the Internet, and Windows-based applications.
Salary Range: $17.49 to $21.75 per hour. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateWednesday, June 30, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.