Job no: 493752
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: Business & Finance Systems Specialist
As a result of the Covid-19 Delta Variant, the Governor of the State of Illinois has issued Executive Order 2021-20 (Covid-19 Executive Order No. 87), to include mandatory COVID vaccines or submission to weekly testing for higher education faculty, personnel, and college students, as well as issuing an indoor mask mandate for all. By choosing to apply, I acknowledge and understand that upon employment, Elgin Community College (ECC) may require proof of vaccination or weekly testing as required by this mandate.
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
Rate of Pay:
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty by serving as the technical point person in the development, maintenance and quality control pertinent to the Colleague Finance module, Student Accounts (AR) services, and Financial Aid office. Work is distinguished by the ability to develop data entry protocols, train end users from various departments, data validation, and report generation. Direction is received by the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable skill in researching and performing level 1 and 2 troubleshooting.
- Considerable skill to collect and analyze information and problem solve.
- Considerable skill in organizing work to meet established deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Considerable skills in verbal and written communication.
- Considerable skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and Publisher and integrated computer systems.
- Working skill in training users and creating training documentation.
- Working skill providing technical guidance on an integrated data system.
- Working skill to create and follow project plans for system upgrades and enhancements.
- Working skill in being a liaison between end users and IT.
- Working skill in following workflows and business processes.
- Working skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied to a variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Working skill in operating a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting to new and updated programs and technology.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when required by the department’s needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Provide end user support to Business and Finance office including departments such as Finance, Accounting, Purchasing (Business Services), Student Accounts and Financial Aid. This role will be the technical liaison for retail operations departments such as Bookstore, Food services, Childcare and Facilities Rental.Escalate issues reported by user groups on priority basis.Research and troubleshoot technical issues and escalate as required.Work collaboratively with other technical teams (IT, IR, TLSD etc.) when needed to resolve issues and communicate resolution to end users.Data Governance and Data Management
- End User Support
Learning and Training
- Oversee data for accuracy within Finance & Accounting, Business Services
- Student Accounts, Financial Aid systems.
- Ensure that data security access is appropriately assigned to staff working for teams supported.
- Run and distribute reports as requested or needed pertaining to user groups.
- Assist in designing, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of various systems.
- Provide guidance in developing programming specifications for relevant user groups.
- Testing results and communicate changes to users.
- Manage and maintain systems upgrades/updates in co-ordination with various teams.
- Serve as primary contact for issues reported by Business and Finance offices to ensure the validity of data in Colleague.
- Review Colleague patches and collaborate system testing to identify any potential operational impact.
- Implement and document projects and tasks for example system-generated letters, emails, and other correspondence to students through communications management.
- Learn and train end users on Colleague Finance, Accounts Receivable and Financial Aid modules and other systems.
Maintains required training, licensure and/or certificationsMaintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy lawsDemonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations within the workplace.Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an increased volume of work.Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality
- Maintain documentation of process and change management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 06/16/2021. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 06/24/2021 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: September 3, 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled