Assistant Director, Program Management, EMBA - Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsAssistant Director, Program Management, EMBA - McDonough School of Business
At Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business,
our mission is to build global business knowledge and inspire ethical leaders to serve the common good.
The Assistant Director
is principally responsible for overseeing all administrative and operational activities related to the successful planning and execution of the Executive Master's in Business Administration Program as well as, on occasion and when necessary, the administration of other executive education programs. The Assistant Director is solely responsible for the critical task of procuring and distributing all program course materials for at least two cohorts in the EMBA program, each with 50-60 students. The Assistant Director for the EMBA portfolio reports directly to the Associate Dean for Executive Education Programs in MSB's Office of Executive Education.
The Assistant Director interacts frequently with faculty, academic administration, and staff throughout the McDonough School of Business, focusing on the delivery of a high-quality educational experience for participants in executive degree programs. The Assistant Director maintains relationships with university administrators and staff, regarding facilities, services (registration, tuition/fees, transportation, etc.), and other key programmatic stakeholders.
The Assistant Director also interacts with students at the Director level and with participants ranging in experience from mid-level managers to CEOs and, local government officials, and high level political appointees. These interactions would involve program delivery and management discussions.
The Assistant Director has duties that are but not limited to:
- key role in the planning, preparation and delivery of residencies for each program, which are weeklong. For the EMBA program, one residency is abroad, and a few other residencies are in Washington, D.C.
- manages all aspects of obtaining course materials and program supplies, general logistics (space, transportation, and technology) as well as coordinating extensive catering, external meals and cultural/professional events and is actively involved in the delivery of each residency providing support for the students throughout the residency.
- In addition, take the lead role and travels abroad with at least one of the Global Residency programs annually, with responsibility for logistics, budget, and contracts, as well as coordination with faculty and students to ensure the best possible experience for each cohort.
- principally responsible for monitoring the life cycle of each student, from the hand-off between Program Management and the Admissions team, through regular enrollment, and finally through graduation and transferring a student to Alumni services.
- develop and actively maintain a student tracking system to keep track of all student statuses, including enrolled, Leave of Absence, Withdrawal. Each semester, during each registration period, and on a weekly basis,
- verify that the information in the student tracker is up-to-date and that all students are correctly assessed by university systems.
- willing to travel both domestically and internationally to accompany students to domestic and/or international residencies, so travel of 0-10% of the year is required.
- takes an active role in student services by working directly with students on class weekends as well as providing support in between on-campus meetings. This role often takes responsibility for the independent oversight of the program on class weekends, international residencies, and shared responsibility in EMBA modules.
- collaborate with the Directors/Managers of Marketing and Admissions.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of three years of program management experience in a professional setting requiring organization of large volumes of data, meeting deadlines, completing projects, and working within a team.
- Must have an expert use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Knowledge and familiarity with CANVAS is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with SLACK and Google products is highly desirable, though not required. Deep comfort and affinity working with and learning a variety of software is highly valuable
- .Must be capable of understanding and working with financial plans.
- Must be capable of functioning independently and with complete discretion as much of the information related to students, both applicants and degree candidates, is highly confidential and protected by law.
- The EMBA program meets on alternating Fridays (8:30 - 5:30pm) and Saturdays (8:30am - 5:30pm), so the right person must be able to essentially commit 2-3 Saturdays per month
- The EMBA program requires travel to international locations, and so the right person must be willing and able to travel 0-10% of the time.
- Critical skills include time management, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a strong professional presence, a high level of attention to detail, an eye for process improvement, financial planning, negotiation and budget management.
- Working in a university setting is highly desirable, though not required.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Assistant-Director--Program-Management--EMBA---Georgetown-University-s-McDonough-School-of-Business_JR10341
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency